Temp - Application Support Analyst
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/25/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
IDEXX Laboratories, Inc
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY TEMP - APPLICATION SUPPORT ANALYST
Outstanding opportunity to join an expanding, public, pet healthcare company that is well positioned for future growth, with a market cap of $9 to 10 billion and a stock that has outperformed the market by more than 6x in the past 10 years!
The Digital Team has developed a hosted diagnostic imaging system. It is custom built with current web technologies and tools in an agile environment deployed at Amazon. It provides our customers access to and collaboration on diagnostic radiology. The team is looking for a collaborative individual to work with our business partners to define and support this enterprise Digital imaging application. This position also performs a variety of systems related analytical activities to support application functionality, availability and performance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Interface with customer support elevations team to investigate issues, define defects and perform root cause.
* Analyze, understand and translate business needs into technical configurations that administrators and developers can use as guidelines for configuration and/or programming work.
* Assess technical requirements of requests and scope for projects and communicate results to business client, project team, and IT counterparts. Assist application users by tracking, analyzing and solving user problems based on an understanding of business process workflow within the application. Provides support to users for the technical aspects of application utilities and functions, such as reporting. Identify opportunities for new or improved systems and applications to support the business.
* Serve on systems development/upgrade/enhancement project teams as technical liaison between business clients, IT Infrastructure and the development groups.
* Facilitate or participate in testing activities to ensure development work meets user requirements.
* Develop strong business relationships with assigned business clients and with other related departments and vendors to ensure successful system and application implementations and support.
* Bachelors Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Typically 2-4 years of related experience.
* Experience with Java, DB design, web applications, error logs
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
* Knowledge in software development process and administration responsibilities
* Computer and technical aptitude required.
* Excellent problem solving skills required.
* Excellent customer service and business relationship building skills required.
* Project management and business analyst skills desired.
* Ability to work independently and within teams.
* Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, including ability to translate technical subject matter to non-technical audiences.
IDEXX is a leader in pet healthcare innovation, serving practicing veterinarians around the world with a broad range of diagnostic and information technology-based products and services. IDEXX products enhance the ability of veterinarians to provide advanced medical care, improve staff efficiency and to build more economically successful practices. IDEXX is also a worldwide leader in providing diagnostic tests and information for the production animal industry and tests for the quality and safety of water and milk. Headquartered in Maine, IDEXX Laboratories employs 7,000 people and offers products to customers in over 175 countries.
IDEXX attracts, rewards and inspires exceptionally talented and motivated people who are eager to participate in two of the most important technological revolutions of our time -biotechnology and information technology.
We offer outstanding opportunities for personal growth and success, and support excellence, world-class standards, and continuous improvement.
IDEXX has a new state of the art, LEED certified, world campus which fosters an innovative and collaborative work environment and promotes wellness, offering an impressive onsite fitness center, health clinic, and many healthy dining choices! In support of health and wellness, IDEXX is also a tobacco free campus.
If you are looking for a challenging work environment that unleashes creativity and energy, is refreshingly honest and comfortably casual, and offers opportunities for unmatched personal growth, we want to hear from you!
We offer a fully loaded and highly competitive compensation and benefits plan and relocation assistance.
ABOUT THE AREA: Portland, Maine recently ranked number 6 on Forbes magazines list of Americas Best Cities for Young Professionals, was ranked by Bloomberg Businessweek as one of the best places to raise kids, was listed by Forbes.com as one of Americas Best Hipster Neighborhoods, was named the Foodiest city in the US by Bonappetit magazine, was ranked by Yahoo.com as having one of the healthiest and most affordable housing markets, made the top 10 list of healthiest cities for women by Womens Health Magazine, and has recently been nominated for Best Town Ever by Outside Magazine, the magazine chooses its top 10 places to live based on a balance of great culture, breathtaking scenery, reasonable home prices, low-stress living, and, of course, easy access to the outdoors!