Temp Project Manager
This job is no longer active. View similar jobs
Serves as the primary day to day contact on current projects for internal project teams, suppliers; client, and provides timely responses to all inquiries (e.g. within one (1) business day).
* Ensures high quality standards in all client deliverables.
* Attend client meetings as needed; serves as a Subject Matter Expert regarding workflow, processes, capacity, timelines, etc.
* Serves as the main contact for assigned Categories and the second or third level contact on current projects when assigned PM is unavailable to; ensure response to all inquiries within one (1) business day.
* Develops and maintains project plans, including documentation of project scope, objectives, deliverables, key milestones, timelines, schedules, internal and external resources, project dashboards; provides regular status reports and progress updates to project team and internal stakeholders.
* Creates effective internal partnerships with internal and external project and account teams; collaborates across the team to ensure client needs are met and projects stay within scope, budget, timeline, quality, and other Key Performance Indicators (KPIs).
* Ensure a smooth transition from the design phase to the production phase
* Assists with the implementation of workflow management and reporting focusing on quality, efficiency, and productivity.
* Insures that all projects have a signed estimate before work begins
* Develops and/or adapts processes, policies, and workflows to improve efficiency, accuracy, speed, quality, etc.
* Conducts random audits of project details on a regular basis to ensure accurate and timely invoices are generated
* Partners with the client, suppliers and other stake holders and project teams to resolve identified project process issues.
* Assists with the escalation of new item requests from suppliers and/or clients).
Day to Day Activities
* Overall responsibility for ensuring that projects are being delivered on time
* Responsible for supporting other team members when they need support removing bottlenecks
* Attends various client meetings, responsible for capturing feedback and sending it to Walmart and Schawk teams
* Aware of, and supports, timeline management
* Responsible for Weekly Cross-functional meetings
* Responsible for attending AOP meetings and alerting team of any new projects or project changes
* Reviews and insures that internal tracker system is being appropriated updated
* Attends kick off call's & supplier conference calls
* Conference Calls with suppliers to answer questions, receive needed information and educate them on timing and the process.
* Escalates any challenges to the correct parties
* Follow up as needed
* Escalates to Walmart project management issues that cannot be resolved
* Supports the Company's profitability efforts by focusing on the efficient, accurate and timely coordination of the assigned project activities
* Supports the development of innovative proposals to capture both account and growth and new business opportunities.
* May perform other duties, as need to meet the needs of the business.
* Education & Certifications
* College degree (e.g. Bachelor of Arts) or equivalent degree within appropriate discipline such as Business, Graphic Arts, Marketing or Advertising
* Some previous experience with an ad agency, account management or project coordination within marketing and/or creative services is preferred
Skills and Abilities
* Very good knowledge of business models, objectives, financial metrics, etc. used in decision making; ability to build sound business cases to support innovative initiatives.
* Very good understanding of Packaging Supply Chain, techniques, and processes across various touch points
* Very good problem solving skills; ability to proactively identify and implement effective solutions.
* Ability to lead and adapt to the requirements of various projects and to influence decisions at all levels, very good negotiation skills.
* Ability to make effective decisions in challenging situations and/or under pressure.
* Ability to work well in a team environment and develop collaborative relationships with colleagues across the Company; willingness to work with colleagues at all levels.
* Ability to manage heavy workloads, prioritize work appropriately, and meet assigned deadlines; very good organizational and analytical skills (including attention to detail).
* Maintains and utilizes a long term, holistic view of the business.
* Communicates timely, relevant information to employees, as appropriate, so they understand company performance, business direction and initiatives.
* Takes ownership of personal actions and outcomes and encourages and empowers others to do the same.
* Drives change; demonstrates adaptability and fosters an environment that encourages open mindedness and flexibility in the face of ambiguity and change.
* Focuses own efforts on achieving SMART objectives aligned to the Company's Strategic Imperatives
* Is an effective team member; supports the team by pitching in at any level and effectively working across the organization to meet the needs of the business.
* Proactively seeks opportunities to increase knowledge, skills and abilities.
* Monitors and pursues upward and lateral growth opportunities to enhance expertise and drive career development.
* Proven managing project coordination teams within a print, pre-press, or graphics manufacturing environment.
* Highly Organized (paying close attention to detail)
* Good presentation and communications skills (written, verbal)
* Proficient computer skills (e.g. MS Office suite & Mac OS)
* Act professional at all times - strong professional etiquette
* Superior Customer Service Skills
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled