Temporary AP Position
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Southern States Cooperative
JOB DESCRIPTIONPURPOSE OF POSITION: Perform accounting and personnel requirements related to the operation and processing of the accounts payable for the company.
PRINCIPAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Assists Manager, Accounts Payable, with the operation and processing of the Accounts Payable System, which includes input of accounting options and required system maintenance. Makes recommendations for improvements in procedures.
2. Assists with monitoring the quarterly review of 1099 data and coordinates year-end processing of final review including corrections from vendors and mismatch information received from the IRS.
3. Communicates with division personnel, other SSC departmental personnel, and outside companies.
4. Performs special fiscal year work as required by outside auditors.
5. Supervises preparation of special reports and analyses for other departmental personnel.
6. Answers inquiries, verbal and written, from company and retail personnel pertaining to invoices and expense vouchers.
7. Reviews printed checks prior to distribution and is responsible for daily banking procedures.
8. Prepares nightly invoice load and payment control for payment processing.
9. Downloads monthly file from bank of cleared checks and reconciles the outstanding checks to the ledger.
10. Contacts vendors for status of checks still outstanding on our books.
11. Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Manager, Accounts Payable and Manager, Financial Systems Planning.
SCOPE: Supervision of processing and distribution of 600-900 checks per day.
BS/Associate degree in Accounting or 5 years Accounting/Administrative experience with a minimum of fifteen semester hours of accounting.
Southern States Cooperative, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate against individuals based on their race, color, religion or belief, national or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, family medical history or genetic information, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws, or regulations.
Requires physical strength and dexterity to walk, stand, bend, climb, reach, stoop, twist and lift/carry 50 pounds. Vision, hearing and speech essential. Hand coordination to use computer. May require a valid drivers license. While traveling may have contact with hazardous materials and drive/travel and work in adverse weather conditions.