Temporary Armed Security Officer - Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
Universal Protection Services LLC
TEMPORARY ARMED SECURITY OFFICER - RALEIGH, CARY, DURHAM, CHAPEL HILL
Universal Protection Service is seeking experienced armed professional security personnel to work at several sites in the Raleigh, Cary, Durham, Chapel Hill. As an Armed Security Officer, you will provide armed, uniformed security to a variety of assigned clients. Some travel will be required. Must have armed security license and reliable transportation
The ideal candidate for the Armed Security Officer position is excellent with customers and has an impressive ability to communicate well with others. This is a great opportunity to join Universal Protection Service, a dynamic high-powered security team focused on securing client properties while delivering exceptional customer service. Apply today to join a company that cares for and recognizes its people.
The successful Armed Professional Security Officer candidate is responsible for providing security services at assigned locations. Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Patrolling interior and exterior areas of assigned locations
* Reporting suspicious activities and persons
* Writing detailed narrative reports, maintaining daily activity reports (DARs)
* Maintaining access control through an admittance process
* Screen visitors and client employees in an efficient manner in order to expedite or bar their admittance to the site or facility
* Check for unsafe conditions, hazards, unlocked doors, and security violations
Qualified applicants for the Armed Security Officer position will meet the minimum requirements, as described below:
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Qualified applicants must be 21 years of age or older
* Must have open availability and a strong sense of urgency.
* Must be trainable for multiple locations.
* Must possess a valid NC Armed Guard License, or have applied and subsequently be issued such a license prior to employment, if working in a state where Guard license is required.
* As a condition of employment, employee must successfully complete a background investigation and a post-offer/pre-employment drug/alcohol test.
* Must display exceptional customer service and communication skills.
* Intermediate computer skills to utilize innovative, wireless technology at client specific sites
This is a temporary assignment paying $11/hour + on the spot recognition program . Permanent placement may be available based on performance.
Essential Physical and Mental Functions
* Stand or walk constantly (for up to an entire shift) on various surfaces (tile, concrete, carpet)
* Climb stairs, ramps, or ladders occasionally during shift
* Occasionally bend/twist at waist/knees/neck to perform various duties
* Occasionally lift or carry up to 40 pounds
* Run as needed
* Constant use of both hands and arms in reaching/handling/grasping/fingering while using phone, notepad, writing reports, and other administrative tasks
* Constant use of eyes (correctable vision to normal level required) to observe, read, interact with public and co-workers, view security monitors; includes hand/eye coordination
* Read, understand and clearly speak English; constantly use speech and hearing (correctable to normal level required) in communicating with public/co-workers, giving and receiving instructions, using phones
* Work in various environments including adverse outdoor conditions such as cold, rain or heat;
* Constant mental alertness and attention to detail required while setting priorities and following up on assignments
* Must possess effective written and oral communication and interpersonal skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines
* Must be able to frequently prepare written reports and logs in neat, legible handwriting; may require computer skills
* Must be able to read and understand all operating procedures and instructions
* Must be able to handle pressure of working with high volume general public (constantly to occasionally depending on assignment)
Universal Protection Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to hiring a diverse workforce.
Southeast - Allied Universal Security
Post Internal Days