Temporary BioTelemetry Research Database Programmer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/17/2016
END DATE 11/1/2016
The Database Programmer, under limited supervision, has responsibility for designing, developing, implementing and maintaining complex programs used to capture and analyze clinical study data and metadata for clinical research studies from start-up through final locked database. The Database Programmer collaborates with other internal groups as well as customer data management representatives to ensure successful data delivery to the customer.
* Responsible for database activities and programming for multiple concurrent clinical studies
* Develops complex programs and scripts used to capture, manage, and analyze clinical data and study metadata using SQL
* Writes and validates edit checks and navigational programming
* Builds, tests and implements study databases
* Provides consulting for Data Management (DM) database content
* Designs and develops complex SQL queries and appropriate database code such as stored procedures, triggers, and functions to support business processes
* Reviews and updates queries and stored procedures for optimal performance. Identifies and corrects performance bottlenecks related to SQL code.
* Performs code reviews, provides feedback in a timely manner. Incorporates feedback from code reviews as appropriate.
* Participates in the review of database schema and identifies impacts to existing environment
* Maintains knowledge as new versions of SQL Server are released and leverages new functionality as appropriate.
* Contributes to standards documentation for database coding practices.
* Provides ongoing suggestions for improvement and innovation within the department.
* Develops ad-hoc queries and reports
* Provides input in creation of process documents for DM activities
* Maintains programs, project files, audit trails, and data libraries
* Creates and maintains associated documentation, including data flow diagrams and flow charts
* Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills
* Collaborates with other data management team members in the planning and implementation of data quality assurance plans.
* Complies with client guidelines, and corporate SOPs and work instructions, system development life cycle, system validation and systems change control related to data management and analysis
* Other duties as assigned
* The physical demands are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
* BA/BS degree in a technical, business or scientific discipline
* Minimum 3 years of experience as a database developer or related role
* Demonstrable experience with complex SQL programming, stored procedures and performance tuning
* In-depth application of principles of database design and modeling, as well as data quality best practices.
* Proven expertise in stored procedure writing and best practices.
* Experience with SQL tuning to improve query performance.
* Experience in reverse engineering and understanding code in support of development and troubleshooting efforts.
* Proven problem solving experience and team collaboration
* Application of knowledge and skills in a highly organized fashion while adhering to regulatory guidelines, Standard Operating Procedures and customer expectations.
* Highly proficient with SQL Server and strong programming skills with SQL including complex SQL programming, stored procedures and performance tuning
* Thorough understanding of clinical data management processes through all phases of the clinical trial life cycle
* Knowledgeable about data and file structures, database design and output options
* Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality with clinical data and customer proprietary data
* Ability to identify potential out of scope activities to project and DM management
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including documentation skills
* Self-starter, willing to take on challenges and responsibility with minimal direction
* Ability to multi-task, be detail-oriented, and solve problems analytically
* Strong command of English language and grammar
* Proficient in the use of computer systems, including Microsoft Office applications such as Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project, Visio
* Familiarity with applicable regulatory guidance and rules, e.g., 21 CFR Part 11, FDA Guidance
* Ability to successfully apply above skills, knowledge and abilities across a portfolio of studies or with a franchise client
* Ability to set and meet timelines or be able to recognize and schedule changes in response to project demands
* Ability to recognize, evaluate and develop plans to mitigate project related risk.