Temporary Development Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 12/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are looking for a Temporary Development Designer to work on our customization processes and will work closely with Design, QE, Retail, and our equipment vendors.
This temporary position will work 40 hours/week for approximately a 6 month assignment, with the possibility of extending longer.
* Assist in research of new customization concepts, experiences, and equipment
* Assist Design and Operations with new experience and equipment testing
* Work with additional cross-functional teams, as necessary, to explain and/or train on new processes and equipment
* Develop products and materials for new processes
* Test samples for customization process
* Develop tools to improve customization process and product quality
* Track, catalog, and analyze color testing results
* Finalize specs for customization skus
* Set up parts for customization skus in PLM and maintain documentation
* Track, review, and comment on product samples
* Manage milestones for customization product and process
* Trouble shoot issues with product and process, recommend and review solutions with cross-functional partners
Experience, Education & Skills
* Bachelor s degree in Design or related field preferred
* 0-2 years experience in product design, consumer products or related field
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Creative Suite
* Must possess sophisticated, high-end, girl aesthetic
* Experience with soft-goods construction
* Must have strong communication skills to support customization and drive improvements of existing products and processes
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer