Temporary Graphic Designer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/13/2016
END DATE 1/7/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We have a few openings for Temporary Graphic Designers who will be responsible for creating unique print, textile, embellishment, and/or packaging designs for American Girl products. These positions will work within both girl and doll scales and both soft and hard goods categories.
These temporary positions will be scheduled to work 40 hours per week through the end of 2016.
* Conceptualize multiple creative options against objectives and budget
* Partner with Designers, Art Directors and Copywriters to ensure project and strategic objectives are met while following creative processes and meeting brand standards
* Create concept presentations, and share work with clients to gain project approvals
* Create print ready files to be delivered to print vendors
* Support resource needs across teams
Experience, Education & Skills
* Bachelors or Associates degree in Graphic Design or related field
* 1-3 years of advanced experience in graphic design/visual merchandising/multi media
* Highly Proficient in all Adobe software, with emphasis on InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
* Basic Excel and PowerPoint skills
* Ability to take direction on multiple projects from many different people and flexibility to react to immediate needs
* Strong illustration skills within a wide range of print and graphic styles
* Ability to self-manage workload and timeline
* Knowledge of cultural trends a must
* Must possess a high taste level for premium girl brand/product applications
* Packaging construction a plus but not required
* Knowledge of print design, textile design, and graphic design.
* Strong visual and design aesthetic
* Production work and typography skills a plus
* Video capabilities a plus
*Please provide a link to your online portfolio or samples of your work along with your application*
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer