Temporary Hazardous Waste Specialist
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/16/2016
Cherokee Nation Management and Consulting
El Paso, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Fort Bliss Army Reservation is an active training facility located in the extreme western part of the State of Texas at El Paso and the south-central area of the State of New Mexico. The reservation occupies approximately 1.2 million acres covering two states and three counties. The Environmental Division of its Directorate of Public Works is responsible for the oversight of the installation's natural and cultural resources ensuring compliance with environmental policy, programs and legislation, managing the Region Environmental Program in support of the Army's environmental strategy for pollution prevention, compliance, restoration and conservation.
We are looking for a qualified individual to assist in auditing and measuring environmental compliance status to improve the reduction of hazardous waste of military units and tenants for 6 to 8 weeks.
• Inspect for inappropriate hazardous waste management to include disposal of hazardous waste, universal waste and other regulated waste
• Participate in data collection (GPS) and weekly reporting such as building clearances, field exercises and on-site evaluations, which will be performed at both indoor and outdoor environments on a daily and a weekly basis
• Provide information to measure and evaluate current DPW-E Division compliance status and include diversion measurement information in a weekly report identifying opportunities for modifying waste stream analysis/characterization
• Assist the installation’s Qualified Recycling Program (QRP) operations and the outreach coordinator to develop outreach activities
• Generate weekly performance report for units being evaluated (Non-conformances, Corrective actions, Good practices) with the objectives of green procurement and toxic and hazardous chemical reduction requirements of EO 13423 Section 2(e)(i)
• Inspect Texas and New Mexico Ranges within Fort Bliss for illegal dumping of hazardous and/or State Regulated Hazardous Waste and report illegal dumping into a tracking database
• Inspect for hazardous material storage at motor pools and tenant facilities for compliance with the installation’s Hazardous Material Management Program with weekly inspection of the installation’s scrap tire storage yard
• Conduct quarterly landfill evaluations using the guidelines provided by the installation
• Report findings, non-compliance issues, and corrective actions to the program managers through the PCAR system or similar EPAS system, and in writing to the program manager
• A High School Diploma is mandatory. A Bachelor’s degree is a related field is preferred.
• The ability and proficiency to use Microsoft (MS) Office® software to prepare and modify reports, documents and data tracking
• Ability to communicate complex regulatory concepts and requirements to personnel lacking a technical background in simple, succinct, and comprehensible language
• Successfully pass a drug screen and a background check.
• Have an active Civilian Access Card (CAC) or the ability to obtain one
• Ability to obtain Fort Bliss driver-training cards and operate a motor vehicle
Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
Apply to Job # 10535 online at www.cherokee-cnmc.com
Cherokee Nation Management & Consulting (CNMC) is a versatile small business that provides advisory & assistance services in research, experimental development, technology implementation, and program management. CNMC has expertise in a wide-range of technical disciplines including engineering, environmental, information and asset management, along with a variety of physical and life sciences. The company is an integral part of the Technology Division’s portfolio of companies. Wholly owned by the Cherokee Nation, CNMC is part of the Cherokee Nation Businesses family of companies.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, gender identity and sexual orientation. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please visit the following two sites:
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may e-mail CNB.Compliance@cn-bus.com for assistance. This email address is for accommodation requests only and cannot be used to inquire about the application process or status.
For Pay Transparency Non Discrimination provision, click here: www.dol.gov/ofccp/pdf/PayTransparencyNotice_JRFQA508c.pdf