Temporary Product Designer - Softgoods
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 10/11/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
We are looking for a Temporary Product Designer to concept and design products for assigned categories and work to ensure that concept/design ideas meet the aesthetic, business, strategic, and scheduling objectives.
* Collaborate with team to design toy and children s products and present new ideas
* Participate in developing concepts that deliver against strategic objectives
* Complete design research and stay abreast of competitive product and industry innovations to assure products are relevant
* Work collaboratively with the Technical Design team to ensure safety, costs, margin goals and overall business goals are met
Experience, Education & Skills
Bachelor s degree in related field such as Fashion Design, Toy Design and/or Graphic Design
* 0- 2 years experience in product design, consumer products or related field
* Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator and Creative Suite
* Must possess sophisticated, high-end, girl aesthetic
* Proficiency in hand skills for prototyping such as sewing, patternmaking, illustration or creating 3D models in various materials
* Excellent problem solving and communication skills
* Ability to work collaboratively in a team environment
This temporary position will work 40 hours/week for approximately 4 months, with the possibility of extending longer.
American Girl is a premium brand for girls and a wholly owned subsidiary of Mattel, Inc. (Nasdaq: MAT), the world's leading toy company. Since its inception in 1986, American Girl has been devoted to celebrating girls ages 3 to 12 through age-appropriate, high-quality dolls and accessories, books, clothes, movies, and unforgettable experiences. Best-selling lines include My American Girl , Girl of the Year , Bitty Baby , and its classic historical characters. Headquartered in Middleton, WI, the company sells products exclusively through its award-winning catalogue, on americangirl.com, and in its experiential retail stores. By inspiring girls to be their best, American Girl has earned the loyalty of millions of girls and the praise and trust of parents and educators. To learn more about American Girl or request a free catalogue, call 1-800-845-0005 or visit www.americangirl.com, www.facebook.com/americangirl, www.facebook.com/americangirlcareers or www.twitter.com/american_girl
Mattel is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer