Temporary Professional Regulatory Affairs
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/12/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Altria Group is a FORTUNE 200 company that owns the premier tobacco companies in the United States including Philip Morris USA, U.S. Smokeless Tobacco Company, John Middleton and Nu Mark. The companies' brands include Marlboro, Copenhagen, Skoal, Black & Mild, MarkTen and VERVE. Altria also owns Ste. Michelle Wine Estates, one of the country's top premium wine producers, and Philip Morris Capital Corporation, an investment company. Altria's mission is to own and develop financially disciplined businesses that are leaders in responsibly providing adult tobacco and wine consumers with superior branded products.
Altria Client Services' role is to help Altria Group and its operating companies responsibly meet their business goals by providing the high quality services they require in a financially disciplined way. The role of Regulatory Affairs is to lead, organize and coordinate the execution of FDA-related tobacco compliance, regulatory reporting, health sciences and engagement activities for Altria's family of companies.
We are currently seeking a highly qualified Temporary Professional to join our Regulatory Affairs department in Richmond, Virginia. This is a temporary up-to two-year opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced regulatory environment.
The selected individual will assist in activities to develop and coordinate Food and Drug Administration (FDA) related tobacco regulatory information analysis, strategy and engagement efforts for Altria's tobacco companies.
Specific duties may include:
* Supporting the development of regulatory strategies and advocacy efforts on issues under consideration by the FDA.
* Assisting in defining company positions on regulatory and policy matters, to include supporting the preparation of extensive, detailed scientific and business submissions to FDA.
* Preparing for interactions with FDA and its scientific advisory committee, including preparation of written materials, presentations and other external engagement materials.
* Working with internal teams to create internal and external communications related to FDA regulation of tobacco products.
* Conducting research to gather regulatory information to inform company strategies.
* Monitoring and reporting on external developments and providing research reports, summary information and related analyses to company leadership.
* Bachelor's degree
* A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher is preferred
* Interest in/familiarity with public health
* Superior analytical, written, and presentation skills
* Ability to conduct research, and assess and apply information in a strategic fashion
* Ability to assimilate and integrate large amounts of information to help find creative solutions to complex problems
* Technology proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
Candidates must pass a drug-screen and background check prior to employment. Pay for a temporary professional position is commensurate based on education and experience.
Each Altria company is an equal opportunity employer. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other protected class. img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://altria.contacthr.com/50645054.jpg / img height='1' width='1' border='0' src='https://bs.serving-sys.com/BurstingPipe/adServer.bs?cn=tf&c=19&mc=imp&pli=17363673&PluID=0&ord=10-10-2016&rtu=-1' alt='' /