This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
NCI Information Systems, Inc.
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Designated a 2016 Military Friendly® Employer
NCI: As a Teradata Developer ( Data Architect III ), you will provide support to Data Management with transitioning SAS ETL processes into a Teradata environment. You will have the opportunity to develop Teradata solutions based on business requirements; leading the ETL transition, implementation and data matching effort; and serving as a Teradata expert and resource for the data analytic team under the UPIC Midwestern jurisdiction. In assuming this position, you will be a critical contributor to meeting NCI AdvanceMed's mission: To provide services to our clients that exceed their expectations and contribute to improved healthcare delivery by identifying and eliminating fraud, waste and abuse.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
* Design and develop business driven data strategies and architecture.
* Provide efficient design and data/system solution for transitioning SAS ETL process to Teradata based models.
* Provide mapping between existing SAS processes and proposed replacement Teradata processes.
* Implement Teradata solution for existing Medicare and Medicaid data matching algorithms developed in SAS.
* Oversee the implementation of monthly ETL process and data matching activities.
* Perform hands-on work to identify, extract, assess, manipulate, and analyze data but also provide technical direction and guidance on statistical techniques and options.
* Interact with internal and external customers.
* Document work processes and present results.
* Provide technical training as needed.
* Bachelor of science in computer science, management information systems, mathematics, or other science and technology related majors.
* Minimum of 5-year in depth knowledge and experience working with Teradata.
* Hands-on knowledge of modeling methodology and techniques.
* Good understanding of ETL processes and ETL best practices in the Teradata environment.
* Solid experience in multiple relational database management experience.
* Experience creating new processes and business requirements.
* SAS programming experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
Preferred Education and Experience:
* Master of Science degree or equivalent years of work experience in the related field.
* Multiple operating systems and development environment experience.
* Experience with business intelligence tools.
* Experience with CMS One PI/IDR.
facebook | Twitter | LinkedIn
It is the policy of NCI to provide equal opportunity in recruiting, hiring, training, and promoting individuals in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class or category as may be defined by federal, state, or local laws or regulations. In addition, we affirm that all compensation, benefits, company-sponsored training, educational assistance, social, and recreational programs are administered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. It is our firm intent to support equal employment opportunity and affirmative action in keeping with applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations.
The information above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within the classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position.
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://nciinc.contacthr.com/50576234.jpg