This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/23/2016
END DATE 4/7/2017
The Terminal Operator safely operates all equipment at the location used to load and unload rail cars, boats and/or trucks, ensuring order accuracy and expeditious processing of requests.
* Maintain grounds, offices, warehouse, yard, etc.
* Carry out tasks related to loading/unloading material, both bulk and bagged, for rail, waterway, and road methods of transportation, as appropriate for the specific location.
* Operate and conduct general maintenance on mobile equipment and assist with general mechanical maintenance.
* Sample product from trucks and barges following company policies.
* Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment.
* Perform clerical functions following the established guidelines for the recording of receipts, shipments and inventory records.
* Other duties as assigned.
RELATIONSHIPS WITH OTHER JOBS
Terminal Operators need the ability to communicate with Terminal Managers, customers, sales personnel, trucking firms and suppliers.
* Education: High School diploma/GED
* Work Experience: 1-3 years
* Must be able to complete paperwork
* Candidates with a mechanical background and welding experience are desirable
* Autonomous, meticulous, good judgment
* Courteous with customers
* Knows and applies safe working practices
* Attestation on any kind of training an asset
* Knowledge of cement, the construction industry and integrated computer systems an asset
* Good communication skills
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES:
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: