This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 10/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY OVERVIEW:
Oversee terminal shipping and receiving operations, including: bulk loading, vessel unloading, inventory controls, equipment maintenance etc., and clerical functions associated with such.
Nature and Scope:
Safety, quality, and customer service are the primary factors at this terminal. The terminal receives product by barge and bulk trucks. Efficient handling of product in both receiving and shipping is essential to professional terminal operations and quality control.
The manner in which trucks are expedited, customers are handled, and qualities are ensured are key functions of this position. All terminal employees are on the Terminal Safety Committee.
A positive attitude, terminal operation skills, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to be a team participant in a small cross-functional employee group are essential elements for a successful terminal operation. The terminal has a team commitment to operating in the safest and most environmentally responsible manner following all known safety laws, regulations and policies. Providing the highest level of quality and customer service to our customers is a priority at the terminal. Maintaining terminal equipment, good housekeeping in all work areas, and operating equipment safely is vital to efficient terminal operations.
* Comply with all company safety rules and perform all duties in a safe and approved manner.
* Comply with all known local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
* Actively participate and adhere to all safety programs and help promote safe work practices, and aid in the maintaining of safety records.
* Safety, quality, and customer service are the primary factors at this terminal.
* A positive attitude, terminal operation skill, mechanical aptitude, and the ability to be a team participant in a small cross functional employee group are essential elements for a successful terminal operation.
* Good housekeeping and cleanliness of all work areas, loading bays, loading office, terminal grounds and etc.
* Understanding and operating truck loading equipment and perform daily bulk truck loading duties; ensuring trucks are loaded, cleanly and efficiently, with the correct products, and to legal load limits.
* Facilitate the unloading of vessels in a safe and timely manner following the established SOP.
* Collect samples according to Quality Assurance Program.
* Perform clerical functions for the facility within the established guidelines for the recording of receipts, shipments, and inventories.
* Maintain accurate inventory on all products within SAP.
* Maintain open communications with Sales and NABS and assist in resolving customer invoicing issues.
* Refers to the Terminal Manager, Sales Representative or District Sales Manager all customer complaints.
* Assist terminal personnel with miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
* Personally operating electronic or other machinery.
* Setting up machinery or equipment for operation. Maintaining the terminal equipment and operating equipment safely is vital to efficient terminal operations.
* Inspect machinery or equipment and perform necessary maintenance for proper working order and safety.
* Maintain accurate maintenance records on all terminal equipment and products.
High School Diploma required, preferred Associates Degree or cement industry experience.
Experience with Windows based computer programs a must, with emphasis on spread- sheets and databases, i.e.: MS Word, Excel,
Good organizational skills, attention to detail, and self-motivated.
Good telephone and interpersonal skills, a safe, pleasant, and positive working attitude with customers, fellow employees and the public.
Must be able to work occasional weekends, holidays and 2nd shift as needed.
Must be able to and have the physical ability to wear a respirator, a full body harness, and other required PPE as needed.
Must be able to and have the physical ability to work at heights, in enclosed or confined spaces, near water, work around moving equipment and machinery and physically able to lift up 50 Ibs.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: