The responsibility of this position is the hands-on operation of the terminal equipment and daily operating functions of the terminal as so directed by terminal management.
* Demonstrates a commitment to communicating, improving and adhering to safety policies in all work environments and areas.
* Strict adherence to all Lafarge Safety Directives striving to achieve ZERO Lost Time Accidents, Medical and First Aid Incidents.
* Customer service, together with providing the final quality control check of the product, are the major factors at the terminal. The manner in which trucks are expedited, customers handled, and activities conducted are vital to providing efficient service to customers.
* Maintaining terminal buildings and equipment in good condition and operating equipment safely is vital to continued employment.
* Efficient handling of product in both receiving and shipping is essential to efficient terminal operations.
* Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
* Ensure compliance with internal control procedures - communicating problems in operations, unwarranted deviations from established standards, and violations of policy or law
* Responsible for the unloading of barges and or railcars, transferring of the products into proper silos, sampling and testing of products received and shipped.
* Loads bulk unit trucks correctly, providing legal weights and proper product for customer delivery or pick up.
* Responsible for safe, proper use and operation of unloading equipment (vibrators, compressors, front-end loader, blowers, pumps, vacuum systems, barge moving equipment, railcar mover, pneumatic door opener, boot lifts, hoisting equipment, etc.).
* Processes Bill of Ladings.
* Proficient in trouble shooting terminal equipment failures
* Performs basic computer based office functions and generate requested reports.
* Assumes responsibilities for terminal operation during absence of supervisor.
* Maintains the terminal in a clean and presentable state.
* Leadership role with routine maintenance and reports of equipment as directed.
* Assist at other LafargeHolcim locations as required.
* Assists in the training of new employees.
* Performs all other duties and functions required by terminal management associated with the operation of the terminal so long as those duties do not present a hazard or violate any known governmental law.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
Required Education: High School diploma/GED
Required Work Experience: 1-3 years
Travel Requirements: Willing to travel to other terminals in Charlotte, NC Area
* High Mechanical aptitude and ability. Knowledge of office equipment. Pleasant and positive attitude working with co-workers, customers, and the public. Physical ability to work at heights, confined-enclosed areas, and perform unloading functions.
* Must be able to complete paperwork
* Candidates with a mechanical background and welding experience are desirable
* Autonomous, meticulous, good judgment
* Courteous with customers
* Knows and applies safe working practices
* Attestation on any kind of training an asset
* Knowledge of cement, the construction industry and integrated computer systems an asset
* Good communication skills
Required Computer and Software Skills: Basic Knowledge about computers, Microsoft programs, and SAP.
Internal controls providing reasonable assurance of effective and efficient operations, including actions to prevent and detect fraud and protect Company resources
Lafarge North America Inc., Holcim (US) Inc., and Aggregate Industries Management, Inc. are Equal Opportunity Employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or status as an individual with a disability. We embrace diversity in our people, products and ideas. We sincerely appreciate all applications, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
AMERICA\'S JOB EXCHANGE SOURCE CODES :
AJETR+00, AJETR+01, AJETR+02 ,AJETR+03, AJETR+04, AJETR+05, AJETR+06, AJETR+07, AJETR+08
STATE SPECIFIC SOURCE CODE: