- This company is committed to hiring veterans.
Terrain Specialist, Revenue Cycle (Documentation)
Terrain Specialist, Revenue Cycle (Documentation)
Sales, Marketing & Account Management (Non-Associate)
Share | |Email this job
TERRAIN SPECIALIST *LI
Revenue Cycle (Documentation/PDI/CDI)
The Advisory Board Company
LEARN ABOUT US
CONNECT WITH US
Community Impact Twitter
THE ROLE IN BRIEF:
As our commercial model continues to evolve into an increasingly member-centric and solutions-oriented approach, the firm is committed to investing in and growing a bench of future Terrain Specialists who are deep terrain experts that will cultivate peer-to-peer executive relationships and will draw on the breadth of the Advisory Board s research, technology, and consulting capabilities in order to drive long term CV growth across a set of strategic accounts. The Terrain Specialist will be supporting member executives in their most pressing strategy decisions and in the implementation of those decisions to drive greater profitability.
- Serving as partner to a territory of key accounts with the responsibility of cultivating executive relationships, growing Documentation CV, and driving cross-sell opportunities.
- Transforming current members into long term strategic relationships. The firm is committed to arming Terrain Specialists with tools and resources to enable them to drive a $10M+ revenue stream.
- Ability to scope all products and assets Consulting, Technologies, and Research that are viable for the Documentation terrain, including PDI, ROC and CDI.
- Accountability for the strong delivery of high quality work in specific accounts.
- Overseeing, educating, and motivating a team of business development and delivery experts around best-in-class approaches to sell and deliver to member executives in the Documentation terrain as well as oversee common sales and ROI goals and metrics.
- Serving as a Documentation terrain subject matter expert in the market with accountability for representing and communicating insights from the market as a member of a firm wide steering committee of Documentation terrain leaders.
- Jointly leading the long-term expansion of Documentation franchise by contributing to the build out of new tools and service lines, with the ability to test and take new offerings to market within his territory.
- Bachelor s Degree from an accredited college or university
- Must possess a minimum of five years post-undergrad experience in at least two of the following:
- Relevant healthcare industry experience
- Experience in Sales, Account Management, and/or the equivalent
- Technology experience (SAAS)
- Must possess a minimum of five years of commercial experience track record of successful sales/ownership over a personal revenue target
- Proven ability to meet and exceed goals
- Ability to conduct presentations and facilitate group discussions
- Proven negotiation and persuasion skills
- Willingness to travel domestically at least 50%
- Valid Driver s License
- Desire to succeed in a sales environment and sell prospects on the current and future proposition of a product
- Experience selling SAAS products, preferably in the health care industry
- Engaging and memorable presentation style; demonstrated ability to build rapport and credibility quickly with an executive-level audience
- Proven track record of success in achieving revenue quotas and sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to use active listening to diagnose a problem and map a solution in the moment
- Demonstrated creativity and initiative when it comes to problem solving and/or project ownership
- Resilience and comfort with ambiguity ability to be flexible and adaptable in a changing environment
- Ability to manage a Sales Associate to goal, coach and provide constructive formal and informal feedback
- Receptive to feedback, coaching and constructive criticism; ability to learn from mistakes
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities, strong prioritization and organizational skills
- Excellent writing, critical thinking and negotiation skills
- Consultative-based sales experience
- Experience identifying market trends, presenting in a leadership forum and leveraging to inform overall go-to-market strate
ABOUT ADVISORY BOARD
Advisory Board is a best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and consulting to improve the performance of 4,400+ health care organizations. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., with offices worldwide, Advisory Board forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value. For more information, visit www.advisory.com.
We are a workplace that...
Values and celebrates diversity of experience, culture, and opinion
Is committed to creating an inclusive environment to enhance our collective experience
Promotes a supportive community through staff-led affinity groups, events, and education
OUR CULTURE & VALUES:
We think Forbes said it best: Making the world a better place is what The Advisory Board Company is all about. We have a unique culture where employees are told to avoid after work emails, encouraged to take 10 hours per month of paid leave for community service, and are expected to add surplus value in every interaction with a member or colleague.
Over the past thirty years, we have developed a distinctive corporate culture based on our values and principles. We award, promote, and praise based on individual performance, capabilities, and ambition. We provide ways for staff to share their time, talent, and passions in the community. We reward innovation and foster a collaborative environment. We have a performance-driven staff and peers that challenge one another in the workplace. And we want free-thinkers, agile speakers, witty writers, and team players to join the firm at Advisory Board, your ideas are heard and your contributions matter.
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, The Advisory Board Company offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- 20+ days paid time off and 10+ paid company holidays
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here
The Advisory Board Company is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability.