Territory Business Manager - Life Sciences 8/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB SUMMARY:
The Territory Business Manager is responsible for helping Millar increase its market share in the assigned sales territory through proactive customer prospecting and aggressive lead follow up. The position requires a unique blend of technical knowledge, communication skills and self-motivation to deliver market leading solutions to Millar's clinical and life science research customer base.
The position is responsible for managing the assigned territory by pursuing incoming leads, fielding customer inquiries, performing on-site demonstrations and maintaining working knowledge of the territory sales pipeline. Overnight travel is required (50%+ during some months) and occasional international travel may be necessary.
Since Millar products are sold into the life science research market and the clinical cath lab, the sales engineer must be capable of communicating technically with customers involved in basic scientific research, pharmaceutical investigators working in drug development and cardiologists and nurses treating patients for cardiovascular disease.
The position is an excellent opportunity for a recent graduate interested in technical sales or an experienced sales candidate interested in joining a dynamic team responsible for selling Millar's innovative and market leading products to a worldwide customer base.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
* Aggressively manages assigned sales territory through active customer contact, maintenance of territory salesreports, awareness of pending orders and regular visits to cities with high customer concentration.
* Proactively develops leads and maintains contact with current and potential customers by attending trade shows/seminars, workshops and following up with leads.
* Maintains relationships with both existing and potential customers by handling customer calls, emails, site visits and providing comprehensive product information including product solutions, pricing, application and use information.
* Maintains favorable customer contact by providing technical and application support, including providing prompt and accurate solutions, performing customer visits to provide product demonstrations, installations and training.
* Maintains technical knowledge by attending trade shows, attending educational workshops and reviewing publications.
* Identifies business opportunities by communicating, creating, assessing and evaluating new product ideas and concepts in conjunction with customer requests as needed.
* Works with Marketing and Product Manager to develop and update training materials, application notes and promotional items
* Identifies new product and applications opportunities.
* Requires excellent oral and written communication skills.
* Requires 50%+ travel during some months, primarily domestic and occasionally international.
* Salesexperience is required.
* Salesforce.comexperience is highly desired
* Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & KNOWLEDGE:
Bachelor's Degreerequired (BA, BS) from a four-year college or university in the science discipline, preferably in biomedical engineering with 0 - 3+ years' experience in the medical device or life sciences industry or equivalent combination of education and experience in a technical field.
Excellent written and communication skills with problem solving abilities and good presentation skills required.
Proficiency in Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
Initiative and ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks, while maintaining accuracy and working independently.