Territory Manager - Mechanical Products
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
The Territory Manager will actively sell to and manage accounts within assigned territory. This would include setting up distribution, closing projects with the end user, gaining specification listing with appropriate product line, and working jobsites to make sure the product is installed correctly and to sell the field personnel.
The Territory Manager would have responsibility for achieving sales and margin goals for the territory. This territory will include GA, AL, MS, TN, FL Panhandle. The incumbent is able to home office anywhere in the territory with reasonable access to a major airport.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In alignment with Sales targets, regional growth opportunities, leading edge sales team practices and behaviors this position:
* Analyzes regions new business opportunities, develops sales plans and executes planned action steps in order to acquire new business in line with Company strategies and growth objectives.
* Coordinate with company engineers, contractors, facility owners and Wholesale Distributors in order to define product specification and to ensure 100% acceptance of products by owners and distributors.
* Presents products to customers to accomplish Customer acceptance of the value-added proposition attached to the Companys products and its services, and to achieve sale closures on terms that are mutually satisfactory to the Customer and the Company.
* Develops annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the companys growth objectives.
* Participates with other Regional sale colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
* Coordinates new and repeat sales through Wholesale Distributors to ensure 100% customer satisfaction with the Companys order fulfillment process.
* Builds and maintains good relationships with customers at all levels to ensure 100% account retentions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS/BA Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or Mechanical Engineering or related field required
* 3 years of sales or sales management experience
* The individual must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to speak well in public is required
* Strong leadership characteristics
* Strong mechanical aptitude is required
* Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
* Individual must be capable of understanding and maintaining confidential information at the Regional Sales Manager level and customer level