Territory Manager, Special Hazards Engineered Systems 8/31/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
POSITION: Territory Manager Special Hazards/Ansul Engineered Systems (HP & LP CO2, FM200, Sapphire, Inergen, Detection & Control and Large Dry Chemical)
TERRITORY: ME, NH, VT, MA, CT, NY, PA, NJ, DE, MD, WV.
The Territory Manager will actively sell to, manage, and train accounts within an assigned territory. This would include setting up distribution, closing projects with the end user, gaining specification listings with appropriate product lines, conducting hazard analyses and working jobsites to make sure the product is installed correctly and to sell the field personnel. The Territory Manager would have responsibility for achieving sales goal for the territory.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
In alignment with Sales targets, regional growth opportunities, leading edge sales team practices and behaviors this position:
* Analyzes regions new business opportunities, develops sales plans and executes planned action steps in order to acquire new business in line with Company strategies and growth objectives.
* Coordinate with engineers, contractors, and facility owners in order to define product specification and to ensure 100% acceptance of products by owners and distributors.
* Presents products to customers to accomplish Customer acceptance of the value-added proposition attached to the Companys products and its services, and to achieve sale closures on terms that are mutually satisfactory to the Customer and the Company.
* Develops annual, quarterly, monthly, and weekly plans detailing concepts and actions necessary to achieve business growth opportunities consistent with the companys growth objectives.
* Participates with other Regional sales colleagues in sharing marketing intelligence about product opportunities that will grow sales.
* Coordinates new and repeat sales through distribution to ensure 100% customer satisfaction with the Companys order fulfillment process.
* Builds and maintains good relationships with customers at all levels to ensure 100% account retentions.
* 80% TRAVEL TIME is expected to properly perform expected duties and maximize sales potential.
#external EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
* BS/BA Degree or equivalent in Business, Marketing, or Mechanical Engineering or related field experience required
* 4 years of sales or sales management experience within a related field, Fire Suppression Industry preferred
* The individual must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to speak well in public is required
* Strong leadership characteristics
* Strong mechanical aptitude is required
* Must possess excellent organizational and time management skills
* Individual must be capable of understanding and maintaining confidential information at the Regional Sales Manager level and customer level