Territory Manager- Steep Slope 8/31/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Looking for a new challenge where your hard work and entrepreneurial spirit will gain you recognition and reward? Then look no further than GAF, a $3 billion company and the largest roofing manufacturer in North America.
At GAF, we've built one of the most dynamic, cutting-edge, and successful employee teams in the building products industry (and we've got the financial results to prove it!). Whether it's in our Parsippany, NJ, world headquarters, or at one of our more than 24 manufacturing plants, our standards are high and the opportunities for career advancement are limited only by your desire to succeed.
If you're excited by the idea of working for a market-leading company, in a fast-paced environment where you can truly make a difference, then GAF may be the place for you.
The Territory Manager - Steep Slope is responsible for the sale of the complete line of GAF residential roofing products within the territory assigned. Ideal candidates will be influencers with customers in order to build a deeper network. The territory manager should have the ability to position themselves as influential sources within the customer network and network to become a trusted advisor to existing and potential customers.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Identifying potential market opportunities with contractors, distribution, lumber dealers, retail, and co-ops
* Generating leads by expanding the depth of products/services used by existing or new customers
* Utilizing social media to gain further insight in the market i.e. industry trends, market practices as well as using it to communicate with customers
* Providing insight into pricing strategies and providing management with all reports and paperwork relating to the operation and development of the sales territory, strategies, product information and other competitor information which may significantly impact GAF
* Teaching with insight at product knowledge meetings via distributor/contractor meetings
* Attend customer shows, conventions and other industry related activities
Bachelors Degree is highly preferred. Ideal candidates will have demonstrated and proven sales experience with a background in the building material industry, roofing is preferred. Intermediate proficiency in the MS Office suite is needed. Multi-channel experience selling to include distributor, contractor, lumber dealer, two step, architect, property homeowner, retail & Co-Ops is ideal.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including 401(k), medical, dental, vision, prescription drug, tuition reimbursement, and a vacation package. At GAF, we believe our employees are our greatest resource.
GAF is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to workplace diversity. M/F/D/V. Must have ability to work in the U.S. without current/future need for GAF visa sponsorship.
No search firms please.