Territory Manager - Water Products (New England)
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/27/2016
END DATE 12/2/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONJohnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
This is a strategic account position responsible for TFPP growth within New England. The Territory manager will work closely with his peers and will report to the senior sales manager of the NE region. The Territory Manager is expected to develop relationships and have credibility throughout the entire customer organization, which includes our contracting base and supply chain partners. The incumbent will oversee our customer relationships in terms of sales growth, profitability, customer service, issue resolution, and new product development and introduction.
* Develop account goals and business plan with our Distribution base
* Develop account strategies aligned with overall channel strategy
* Call on the local contracting base within the designed territory
* Monitor and manage price strategy to align with the current market conditions
* Monitor business forecasts and participate in team building calls both internally and externally
* Ensure local branch performance reviews are conducted consistently
* Understand and monitor channel conflict for the better good of the company and our supply chain
* Ensure new products are introduced in a timely manner
* Ensure new product ideas are brought to product management
* Coordinate training at all levels for the customer base
* Enter all sales activity within Salesforce.com
* Achieve yearly targets & goals
#external THE CANDIDATE WILL DEMONSTRATE THE FOLLOWING KEY COMPETENCIES:
* High energy, self-starter
* Political savvy across the customer organization and within Tyco
* Effective, strong communication with Sr. Sales Mgr & external business partners
* Strong business acumen & ability to adapt to our supply chain partners needs
* Strong negotiating skills
* Must display strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and analytical skills
* Team player who encourages collaboration across the Western Region
* Must be able to call on both National Accounts with equal enthusiasm
* Strong presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written including proficiency with PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE NEEDED:
* Bachelors Degree
* 7 years successful, results driven background
* Proven track record of accomplishments and achievements in penetrating large, complex accounts and driving business growth.