Technical Sales Trainer 9/10/2016
Tyco Fire and Security
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOHNSON CONTROLS is a global diversified technology and multi-industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. For additional information, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com or follow us @johnsoncontrols on Twitter.
Technical Sales Trainers (TST) are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. TSTs are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our products. The TST must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
* Responsible for development and delivery of product demonstrations
* Responsible for representing the product to customers and at field events such as conferences, seminars, etc.
* Able to respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
* Able to convey customer requirements to Product Management teams
* Able to travel throughout sales territory.
Bachelors Degree with 3-5 years related experience or a minimum of 15 years related experience with a High School diploma.
* Ideal candidate must be self-motivated with a proven track record in software sales and knowledge of technology.
* Candidate should have a technical background, industry related experience and computer related skills.
* Comfortable in the dynamic atmosphere of a technical organization with a rapidly expanding customer base.
* Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails, RFPs, and when submitting reports.
* Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel.
* 3-5 years relevant experience in vendor sales
* Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
* A B.S. in Computer Science or a related field is strongly preferred