Territory Sales Manager 8/12/2016
Leading Financer company
Santa Barbara, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Territory Manager is to close and manage long-term profitable business with middle market companies that fit the target profile in the designated territory. The Territory Manager needs to be able to have direct, peer-to-peer discussions with senior management of target accounts, lead the sales process and close business.
MAJOR AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
1. Effectively communicate our value proposition to, and develop peer to peer relationships with strategic business alliances and target prospective accounts in the territory.
2. Execute a well-organized sales plan in the territory. Be able to quickly differentiate good alliance partners and prospects from bad ones. Prioritize efforts with an unwavering focus on qualification of prospects and suspects to maintain optimal efficiency.
3. Understand the key markets and key industries in the territory and become a part of the fabric of the territory via efforts on the phone (80-85%) and in person (15-20%).
4. Understand the alternatives available to our target prospects (i.e. access to capital and implications of purchase-type offerings) and be able to quickly position company advantages with confidence and authority.
5. Manage the relationship with customers in the territory to insure long-term growth and profitability.
6. Maintain a high-level of activity necessary to achieve a consistently growing portfolio over time. IMPORTANT
1. Ability to work independently. Willingness to seek direction, follow instructions and be coachable.
2. Genuine interest in getting to know the territory, businesses within it and key players in the market.
3. Demonstrate the ability to ask for and obtain what is needed to qualify prospects and hold business contacts accountable for their commitments (including providing the necessary information about financial results, plans and detailed information regarding equipment acquisitions).
4. Tenacity and work ethic necessary to succeed. Ability to collapse timeframes and get to the truth as soon as possible.
5. Display the ability to react quickly to objections, handle rejection and demand respect from each interaction.
6. Demonstrate the ability to coordinate and effectively manage resources to accomplish objectives.
1. 4 year college degree preferred.
2. 2 - 5+ years sales or related experience.
3. Excellent verbal communication skills. Must display a high degree of tenacity follow-through and professionalism.
4. Strong problem solving skills, with ability to work well independently.
5. Excellent organizational, time management and multi-tasking skills required with attention to detail of crucial importance.