Territory Sales Representative
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 10/29/2016
Campbell Soup Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY IMAGINE...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Pepperidge Farm, Incorporated, is a leading provider of premium quality fresh bakery products, cookies, crackers, and frozen foods. Based in Norwalk, Connecticut, Pepperidge Farm was founded in 1937 by Margaret Rudkin, an entrepreneurial homemaker who began baking fresh, wholesome bread for her allergy-afflicted son. For nearly 80 years, people have relied on Pepperidge Farm for its fresh bakery and snack offerings. Among the company's most popular products are Goldfish(R) crackers, Milano(R) cookies, more than 50 varieties of fresh baked breads including Pepperidge Farm Swirl(tm), Farmhouse and Whole Grain, and frozen Puff Pastry, Layer Cakes, and Garlic Bread. The company is found in nearly * of homes nationwide. Pepperidge Farm has been part of Campbell Soup Company since 1961.
The Territory Sales Representative (TSR) is responsible for the growth of sales and the development of independent distributors. The TSR will communicate sales, stale and service targets and merchandising objectives to assigned independent distributors as well as support Zone Sales Manager (ZSM) at regularly scheduled workshop meetings to improve operational expertise of the independent distributor. The TSR is responsible for establishing and maintaining a high level of relations with independent distributors, retail stores management and key customer decision makers.
1. Territory Development - Ensure market and account Distribution, Service, Merchandising, Pricing (DSMP) goals are achieved. Conduct 5 store evaluations per week for a total of 65 per quarter and 10 of the 65 conducted on weekend. Conduct annual independent distributor inventories
2. Onboarding/Coaching- Ensure independent distributors are fully informed of sales, stale, service and product/mix distribution targets. Provide necessary coaching to independent distributors utilizing all PF reporting and in-store evaluations to improve results. Examples of results measured are distribution for company focus items and new items, display execution targets and merchandising standards adherence. Responsible for new distributor 2 week on-boarding. Conduct 1 route ride per week with a minimum of 13 quarterly route rides and provide the appropriate real time coaching, counseling and reinforcement to independent distributors. Build independent distributor capabilities to achieve objectives/targets and to secure necessary resources and alignment. Provide independent distributors with regular input on performance when not coaching formally ensuring their usage of impactful tools and mediums is occurring in order to realize the full sales potential of each route.
3. Identifying Opportunities - Act as key liaison between the ZSM and distributor. Frequently share market information with all independent distributor and assist them on problems and opportunities. Reinforce and mutually develop joint goals through the JVP process.
4. Customer Development- Sell to key retail accounts and develop relationship at store level where appropriate or as assigned. Maintain regular chain supervisor contacts. Collaborate across the organization to deliver results. Ensure independent distributors are utilizing all tools and mediums available to realize the full sales potential of their business. Perform required resets. Establish, and maintain, call frequency on major chain supervisors to support sales and service levels.
* Establish, develop and maintain business relationships with independent distributors (Full day route riding & frequent route operations skill sharing)
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills
* Selling and Negotiation skills
* Leverage technology to makes informed business decisions (HHC knowledge)
* Manage multiple tasks and prioritze work and demonstrate flexibility
* Must be able to handle multiple projects and commitments and prioritize effectively
* Conduct weekend store evaluations a minimum of 1X per month
* Operate a route on a as needed basis (emergency situations)
* Minimum education required: Bachelor's Degree
* Years of relevant experience: 0-3
* Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
* Self-motivated and effective team member
* Strong written and verbal communication
* Problem solving skills
* Strong technical and analytical skills
* Must have strong technical skills: Advanced Excel, PowerPoint
* Leadership skills
* Travel as needed
* Must be able to relocate as required
THE COMPANY IS COMMITTED TO PROVIDING EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR EMPLOYEES AND APPLICANTS IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE EMPLOYMENT RELATIONSHIP, WITHOUT REGARD TO RACE, COLOR, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, GENDER IDENTITY, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CITIZENSHIP, MARITAL STATUS, VETERAN STATUS, DISABILITY, AGE, RELIGION OR ANY OTHER CLASSIFICATION PROTECTED BY LAW.
IN THAT REGARD, U.S. APPLICANTS AND EMPLOYEES ARE PROTECTED FROM DISCRIMINATION BASED ON CERTAIN CATEGORIES PROTECTED BY FEDERAL LAW. CLICK HERE FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.