Test Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPosition Description
SGT, Inc. in support of the Volpe National Transportation Systems Center, located in Cambridge, MA has an immediate requirement for a senior level Software Tester. The qualified candidate will be a key contributor in development and testing of a web based system used to store and retrieve FAA safety information. The successful candidate should possess a mix of manual and automated testing experience on web based applications, as well as a demonstrated ability to create detailed test specifications and test plans. Candidate will automate functional tests and use case scenarios by working with the business stakeholders, developers and project manager
* Create and maintain a set of automated test scripts to test functionality and performance of product components developed in-house
* Provides technical expertise and guidance in the design, development, implementation, and maintenance of test processes and diagnostic programs for system testing
* Define and report meaningful test metrics to support decision making by the project manager and product acceptance criteria.
* Provides complex technical expertise to engineering management in the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
Provides leadership and work guidance to less experienced test personnel
* 3-5 years of hands-on experience using test automation tools like Selenium or Microsoft Test Manager; experience with Telerik Test Studio is a plus
* Expertise of ad hoc database queries using SQL or SQL tools like Toad, etc.
* Experience testing Web Interfaces and Data-Load Interfaces and Reports
* Communication and technical writing skills necessary to produce formal test specifications and test plans
* Analytical, problem solving, time management, priority allocation and task management skills
* Strong presentation skills to present test results to individuals and groups
* Ability to work independently and as part of a team
* Experience using Microsoft Visual Studio, Team Foundation Server is a plus
Education and Experience:
* BS in engineering, computer science, information systems or other related science degree.
* 3+ years of experience
SGT is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/m/f/disabled/veteran.