Test Automation Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONUNITED AMERICAN INSURANCE COMPANY has an opening for an Engineer. The primary goal of the TEST AUTOMATION ENGINEERwill be to help our department build up a strong suite of automated test scripts to perform regression and smoke testing on both our critical IT-facing and Business-facing applications. This role will be responsible for scoping, designing, implementing, and maintaining our test automation framework and test automation suites. Strong coding skills and a deep understanding of QA principles are required.
This role will require someone with the _experience to help drive and champion test automation processes throughout our team, as well as, throughout the organization._ Responsibilities may range from developing test automation scripts for specific applications to documenting automation standards and _conducting training_. We are looking for someone who has a combination of the strong technical capacity needed to develop these test scripts with the strategic vision needed to _drive processes and advocate for automated testing_.
PRIMARY DUTIES XML, XSD, Json, WSDL, and Soap, Active Directory, SQL, Test Automation Frameworks.
* Experience in designing automation frameworks.
* Experience writing automated test scripts for desktop and web apps.
* Experience implementing test scripts within a continuous integration and delivery pipeline in Test, Stage, and Production environments.
* Demonstrated understanding of the software development lifecycle.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to present technical information to all levels of audience.
* The ability to organize and present information in a training setting.
* 5+ years of QA or development experience, with 3 years test automation experience.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
* Experience with keyword driven automation tools similar to Ranorex is required ie: Test Complete / Eggplant / Selenium / Ruby
* Experience with Microsoft Team Foundation Server / Microsoft Test Manager or similar tools a plus.
* Insurance industry experiences a plus.
* Up to 10%travelrequired to other Torchmark Affiliate locations, depending on the assigned project.
Torchmark nor its Affiliates provide Visa/H1-B sponsorship.