Test Design Engineer I
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/4/2016
END DATE 10/13/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
Learn more about how Plexus Engineering Solutions can elevate your career through our video: https://vimeo.com/151433264
About the Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the top 10 best affordable places to live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle, small-town culture and a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
As a Test Engineer, you would be responsible for providing technical direction on test and inspection equipment and supporting test processes. Test Engineers are a key resource for the Focus Factory team and are chartered with implementation and validation of test solutions in the site.
* Utilizes appropriate tools and equipment to perform necessary design work including design creation, design analysis, and design verification.
* Produces comprehensive project documentation based on the needs of the project and in accordance with the quality and change management procedures and guidelines.
* Successfully executes responsibilities in adherence to Plexus' engineering process.
* Develops engineering/product concepts that are high-quality, cost-appropriate, and satisfy the customer's requirements.
* Has a clear understanding of the full product realization process (Conceptualize, Design, Commercialize, Manufacture, Fulfill, and Sustain) including the engineering role.
Skills & Abilities
* Strong organizational, time management, problem solving, and interpersonal skills
* Ability to communicate effectively at all levels, both verbal and written
* Demonstrated skills in conflict resolution and negotiation
* Maintain strong working relationships with Focus Factory personnel, program management, Product Services Engineering group, and process support personnel
* Strong working knowledge of MS Office applications
Education & Experience
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Engineering is required for this position; a Bachelor's degree in Electronics Engineering Technologies or Electrical Engineering is preferred.
* Experience of less than 1 year is required for this position, assuming education requirements are met. Equivalent industry experience of 1 or more years is highly desirable.
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. However, certain positions require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) or Export Administration Regulations (EAR). Applicants for these positions may need to be U.S. Persons, which is generally defined as a U.S. citizen, permanent resident (green card holder), or individual granted political asylum.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!