Test Design Engineer II 9/3/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY About Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
Provide technical direction on test and inspection equipment and supporting test processes. Plexus' Test Engineers are a key resource for Plexus Manufacturing Solutions and are chartered with the implementation and validation of test solutions in the site.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Global cross-functional engineering teams to design products that are of high quality, cost appropriate, and meet customer expectations
* Provide business development support & quote development
* Interface with outside partners for component and equipment procurement
* Provide training, development and mentorship to other engineers
* Follow Plexus Functional Test process in the development of new test solutions
* Partner with internal and external customers to develop test strategies
* Develop test specifications, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, schematics, verification documents and technical reference manuals
* Provide design and documentation reviews
* Develop and implement functional test process in a worldwide environment
* Provide worldwide test installation and support
* Provide technical leadership and vision to a growing engineering team
* Occasional US and Global travel will be required (estimated