Test Design Engineer Sr
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/3/2016
END DATE 11/4/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAbout Plexus Engineering Solutions
Plexus engineers serve as the product design and engineering engine for leading companies, across major industries.
Through our diverse range of product and technology solutions Plexus engineers impact lives throughout the globe. We deliver innovative solutions throughout the entire product lifecycle, from early concept development to manufacturing and beyond.
Supporting a large breadth and variety of products, Plexus engineers work in a fast-paced, high variety, technically challenging environment that provides intense technical and leadership development. Passionate about customers, our teams have an industry-leading record of technical achievement.
At Plexus, you will maximize the impact of your engineering and leadership talent.
About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions' Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the Best Small Places for Business and Careers by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
Provide technical direction on test and inspection equipment and supporting test processes. Plexus' Test Engineers are a key resource for Plexus Manufacturing Solutions and are chartered with the implementation and validation of test solutions in the site.
Key Job Responsibilities
* Collaborate with Global cross-functional engineering teams to design products that are of high quality, cost appropriate, and meet customer expectations
* Provide business development support & quote development
* Interface with outside partners for component and equipment procurement
* Provide training, development and mentorship to other engineers
* Follow Plexus Functional Test process in the development of new test solutions
* Partner with internal and external customers to develop test strategies
* Develop test specifications, wiring diagrams, bill of materials, schematics, verification documents and technical reference manuals
* Provide design and documentation reviews
* Develop and implement functional test process in a worldwide environment
* Provide worldwide test installation and support
* Provide technical leadership and vision to a growing engineering team
* Occasional US and Global travel will be required (estimated 10
Skills & Abilities
* A track record of creative problem solving with regard to design issues and root cause analysis
* Proven ability to work within predefined project schedules and budgets
* Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to articulate and present ideas clearly internally/externally
* Ability to lead projects to include employee mentorship, training and development
Education & Experience:
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or related field is required; a Master's degree is a plus
* Experience of 6 years with National Instruments TestStand and/or LabVIEW
* Experience in digital circuit design and RF circuit design is a plus
* National Instruments Certification a plus
* Knowledge of Lean Sigma concepts is a plus
* Must be able to obtain a Passport
All offers of employment are contingent upon successfully passing a drug screen and upon completion of a confidentiality agreement.
Our Values and How We Lead behaviors guide our processes. Plexus does not make employment decisions based on race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or veteran status. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and encourage all to apply today!
Globally, our policy is to recruit people from wide and diverse backgrounds. Some of our customers contracts are governed by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), which require us to consider only applicants who are US citizens, permanent residents (green card holders), or who have been granted political asylum. Consequently, some of our positions are subject to this ITAR requirement. Thank you for your understanding.
Working At Plexus
Empowering People, Innovating Solutions, Achieving Excellence
Plexus is a global company that values your growth and development and knows that our success is the direct result of our empowered, hard-working and dedicated people. At Plexus you can push the boundaries of innovation and discover your highest potential. Whether you're an experienced professional or skilled manufacturer looking to expand and enhance your career, a recent graduate ready to make an impact or a student eager to gain hands on internship experience, you can make a difference with us.
At Plexus we provide opportunities for growth and development at every level and encourage all employees to be leaders. The foundation of our culture is built around Our Values and How We Lead behaviors exemplified by our Plexus People: Customer Focus, Relationships & Teamwork, Integrity, Open Communication, Excellence, Prioritize Our People, Solve Problems, Be Courageous, Be Strategic, and Innovate.
Our global operations allow us to attract people with broad and diverse backgrounds from all over the world. Discover why more than 12,500 dedicated individuals choose Plexus as the workplace of choice to grow their careers. Apply today!