This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/18/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: TEST ENGINEER
LOCATION: ALEXANDRIA, VA 22311
DURATION: 12+ MONTHS
The successful candidate will participate in a team environment supporting a U.S. Government contract that provides personnel security management to DoD. The position involves performing functional and regression testing of the DCII system. Both back-end and front-end testing is required. The candidate will need strong organizational skills and experience with basic computer operations.
The successful candidate will be involved in the creation and execution of both front-end and back-end test plans, test scripts, and test analysis reports based on the client-approved requirements for the system. He/she will use internal testing procedures in order to complete their assignments. He/she will proactively identify areas within work area scope that are non-compliant, help define processes or corrective action in those areas, and follow through with remedial actions. The successful candidate will also be involved in reviewing systemrequirements to help improve the testability and traceability of the requirements from the focus of a tester.
* Must be fluent in the languages which support the query and management of Oracle data sets; independently create and manage data sets.
* Translate requirements into test scripts. Independently write and maintain the code for the test scripts. Must be willing to work with the testing activities of the systemdevelopers to ensure a coherent and consistent set of test scripts across all testing functions.
* Responsible for executing Unix shell scripts and SQL queries for interface data loads and verification.
* Cross train other members of the testing team to allow for more flexibility and quicker response. Must be willing to cross train other members of the DCII team to understand the unit testing, and interface testing processes, methods, and tools.
* Develop and execute test plans, test scripts and test analysis reports to facilitate consistency and ease of re-use of testing documentation between releases.
* Use internal program procedures in order to complete work assignments.
* Prepare and attend requirements phase reviews, internal and external to the testing team, to improve the testability and traceability of requirements from the focus of a tester.
* Analyze current testing methods/processes to identify improvements to effectiveness and productivity. Analyze current CM, requirements, and release processes as they effect testing to identify similar improvements.
* Use PVCS Version Manager and PVCS Tracker tools to manage requirements, changes to requirements, and testing baselines.
* Manage personal workload in accordance with the priorities established in the Release Plan and the Release Schedule.
* Work in a mutually dependent and supportive relationship with the configuration management team, which is vital to the successful delivery of quality products to the Government. Support the CM team to ensure that the testing environment is stable and that all software changes are forwarded to the testing team for formal testing in a controlled manner.
* Fully test the software in accordance with the latest base lined, approved requirements and associated testing plan. Identify problems encountered during testing within a formally controlled tool according to a documented process.
* Nice to Have: Familiarity with an automated test tool (such as WinRunner) to automate regression testing.
* U.S. CITIZENSHIP
* CURRENT DOD SECRET OR TOP SECRET CLEARANCE (BASED ON SSBI INVESTIGATION)
* Strong analytical, communication, and documentation skills.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in preparing and performing both front-end and back-end testing.
* Minimum of 3 years experience in relational databases and strong working knowledge of both SQL and UNIX shell scripting.
* Strong experience in software process methodology and commonly used concepts and practices in the software-engineering environment across all phases of the lifecycle.
* SEI CMM Level 3 working experience implementing and maintaining compliant key process areas relative to testing.
* Familiarity with Department ofDefense personnel security issues is a plus
HP has an ongoing contract to provide Operational and Maintenance support for the Defense Central Index of Investigations (DCII), a system owned by the DOD DefenseManpower Data Center. This includes work in the full software development lifecycle.
The purpose of this SOW is to provide skilled personnel capable of providing maintenance and operational support for the DCII application. The DCII team shall perform maintenance activities of change management, problem management, performance management and capacity management. The DCII team shall perform maintenance activities and maintain required operational capability during the period of performance that includes supporting technology refresh, technology insertion, technical obsolescence risk management, and resolution to identified security issues. The DCII team shall perform comparative analyses of system health, provide analyses of solutions and recommend solutions such as technology refresh. The DCII team shall be responsible for ensuring failover system(s), located at Monterey (Seaside), California remain at the same operational capability as the production system. The DCII team shall sustain and support the DCII application in both the production and test environments.