This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 12/5/2016
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Buena Park, CA
JOB DESCRIPTIONJob Description
Esterline Technologies Corporation
Test Engineer, Esterline Power Systems - North America
Esterline welcomes people who share our determination and high standards to join us in doing work that moves the world forward. We design, manufacture, and market highly engineered products and systems principally for the aerospace and defense markets. Esterline Power Systems, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Esterline, has a long established role as a relay supplier. Esterline Power Systems is known for design excellence and commitment to quality and reliability since 1919. Esterline Power Systems equipment and components are used on thousands of aerospace, military, rail and high-end industrial applications worldwide in the most severe environments.
The Test Engineer is responsible for the development and execution of Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP), Manufacturing Test Procedures (MTP), Qualification Test Procedures (QTP), designing and building test equipment and writing Equipment Operating Instructions (EOI). This involves working with other departments within the organization to establish user or customer requirements. This position is accountable for ensuring that the testing of products meets all customer specifications, and that test equipment is available in timely manner.
* Reviews and analyzes test requirements based upon customer SOWs, Product Control Drawings, and Manufacturing Specifications
* Prepares Acceptance Test Procedures, Manufacturing Test Procedures, and Qualification Test Procedures according to input and Test Plans from Design Engineers
* Designs test equipment to perform all test requirements and procedures
* Executes project management for the fabrication and troubleshooting of test equipment
* Maintains the highest ethical standards, even when challenged from above
* Understands and lives by Esterline s ethics and business conduct policies
* Drives Continuous Improvement (C/I) utilizing the Esterline Operating System guidelines.
* A Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
* 2-5 years of experience in design of test equipment including automated test equipment
* Must be outgoing, self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented, work well under pressure, and a creative problem solver
* Must be familiar aerospace and military standards including MIL-STD-810, and DO-160
* Working knowledge of environmental testing
* Proficiency with high level programming language such as Labview , and Visual C
* Proficiency using engineering tools such as schematic capture and CAD tools
* PC skills including Microsoft Office applications
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Project management of test engineering projects moderate to complex
* Familiar with relevant Military and Industry Standards
* Master s degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science
* Significant aerospace test experience
* Familiarity with MIL-PRF-6106, MIL-PRF-8353, and Power Distribution Assemblies (PDA)
* Test experience with relays and contactors
Demonstrated ability in the Esterline competencies for employees new in their role: As an individual contributor you will be expected to demonstrate the following competencies: Customer Focus, Listening, Problem Solving, Action Oriented, Composure, Functional/Technical Skills, Ethics and Values, Integrity and Trust and will need to Value Diversity.
Esterline is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
U.S. Export Policy Notice:
To comply with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ "U.S. Persons" as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).
Esterline is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. It is the policy of the Company to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status. t
U.S. Export Policy Notice: To ensure compliance with U.S. export laws and regulations, Esterline operations in the U.S. may only employ U.S Persons as defined by the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR).