This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/24/2016
END DATE 12/6/2016
Trimble Navigation Limited
Trimble is recruiting for a Quality Engineer to fill an opportunity in Corvallis, OR.
Responsible for testing software and hardware systems, features and components to ensure delivery of a quality product. Works with other team members to improve workflows in the software and help build a positive user experience. Effectively communicate software failures and identify divergence from specifications of new features.
In this role, you will:
* Own quality engineering tasks; and delivers while mentoring and helping team members
* Drive full corrective action and closure of all activity relating to product quality improvement
* Interact with marketing and support teams to better understand current customer issues
* Develop common documentation and checklists for activities such as regression testing
* Coordinate with distributed teams on quality verification and feature development
* Work with fellow team members to diagnose bugs and find solutions
* Provide expertise in the quality engineering, test planning and testing methodology for a software project
* Analyze testing processes and provide suggestions for improvement
* Document new feature specifications for development teams
* Test systems both indoors and outdoors potentially in inclement weather
* Participate in group discussions to affect improvements in the software
Desired Skills & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or in "STEM" Majors (Science, Technology, Engineering and Math)
* A minimum of 3 years of professional experience
* Experience in application software testing on Windows based systems
* Experience with issue-tracking and agile project management systems such as Jira, Confluence, etc.
* Demonstrates the initiative to explore alternate technology and approaches to solving problems
* Skilled in breaking down problems, documenting problem statements and estimating efforts
* Demonstrates awareness about competitors and industry trends
Trimble is transforming the way the world works by delivering products and services that connect the physical and digital worlds. Core technologies in positioning, modeling, connectivity and data analytics enable customers to improve productivity, quality, safety and sustainability. From purpose built products to enterprise lifecycle solutions, Trimble software, hardware and services are transforming a broad range of industries such as agriculture, construction, geospatial and transportation and logistics.
Trimble is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, gender, age, color, religion, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, or any other protected factor. EOE/M/F/V/D