This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/12/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
Fort Wayne, IN
JOB DESCRIPTIONTest EngineerJob ID:
Test Engineer - Fort Wayne, IN Job ID:
SIS20160209-13907 Job Description:
Work on projects requiring skilled integration and testing of highly reliability space hardware assemblies of moderate to high complexity, which would include but not limited to:* Integration and alignment of high reliability subassemblies. Optical experience and skills are a definite plus.
* Perform electrical integration from CCA up to system level assemblies.
* Testing of electrical subassemblies and components, including electrical boxes, optical assemblies and cables at a subsystem level, system level and at spacecraft level.
* Testing of mechanical subassemblies and components, including electrical chassis, optical assemblies and structures at a subsystem level, system level and at spacecraft level.
* Contribute to tooling design, process development and problem resolution.* Travel as needed between HARRIS sites and Customer sites for post-delivery support and integration activities. Travel will be up to 70%
* Work non-standard shifts as required during specific integration activities. This includes nights, holidays, and weekendsRequired Qualifications:* B.S. Degree in a technical discipline (Engineering, Physics, etc.) with technical background experience, 0-2 years of experience
* Knowledge Required - Ability to execute procedures, document results, and communicate effectively orally and in writing.
* Willing and able to work in a clean room environment
* Ability to work overtime, holidays, weekends and do frequent overnight travel with extended stays, which will include shift work. Travel time may be up to 70% Preferred Additional Skills:* Experience working with a variety of assemblies, optical, electrical/ or mechanical equipment is desired
* Experience with written process and procedure protocol is desired
* Experience with ESD safeguards and contamination control is desired
* Experience with Thermal Vacuum chambers or vibration testing is highly preferred Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain security clearances. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that Harris Corporation may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions. Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.Job Profile Matching Criteria:Expertise Engineering Education Bachelors (or equivalent work experience) Job Type Full Time Location USA - IN - Fort Wayne .