This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 10/14/2016
The Aerospace Defense and Marine (AD&M) business of TE Connectivity are leaders in the development and engineering of a comprehensive portfolio of contactors, relays, sensors, fiber optics, wires, cables, antennas, circuit protectors and moldings for harsh environments. We have a global customer base with over 6,000 employees to deliver a broad range of solutions.
We are seeking a Test Engineer for our lab in Harrisburg, PA. The Harrisburg Electrical Components Test Laboratory (HECTL) is responsible for developing and reviewing test plans and programs for the TE engineering community, executing the testing identified in the test plans or programs, and communicating the results in detailed documents. The test Engineer works directly with engineers from all Business Units in TE to review assigned connector test programs and/or testing inquires.
RESPONSIBILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS:
* Review assigned test programs and conducts and/or recommends environmental testing strategies to ensure TE products meet customer performance and reliability needs while maximizing laboratory resource efficiencies.
* Work with test system engineers to determine strategies to meet present and future test requirements.
* Negotiate test plans with internal and external customers.
* Review active test programs and analyze and interpret final test results
* Maintain the integrity of test results by complying with Corporate, Business Unit and local quality system requirements.
* Coordinates and follows up on testing performed by test technicians.
* Write/ develop detailed test procedures and specifications as needed to support the test lab, its customers and industry associations.
* Ensure all safety requirements are met.
* Ensure good engineering practices are followed.
* Perform estimates of labor and materials required for testing.
* Capable of working to drawings, diagrams, schematics and customer or industry specifications.
* Works with various chemicals and gases in performing environmental tests and insures all labeling, inventory, use of PPE and storage of chemicals meets EHS and industry safety requirements.
* Must be capable of multitasking and taking full ownership of assigned projects.
* Participate and/or lead employee continuous improvement teams as needed.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Management.
* Supports the research and development of accelerated corrosion testing and its related test systems
* Due to ITAR restrictions, US citizenship or US lawful permanent residency status is required to apply for this position.
* Bachelor Degree (Preferred) in Engineering or Science with strong chemical background from an accredited college or university.
* Associate Degree (Required) in Engineering or Science with strong chemical background.
* Previous environmental product testing experience preferred.
* Thorough understanding of connector design, performance and reliability requirements and potential failure modes a plus.
* Knowledge of connector industry specifications a plus.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Ability to work well with others of diverse backgrounds.
* Willingness to shift priorities as business pressures demand.
* Proficient in Minitab, MS Office Suite including MS Project.
* Six Sigma Black Belt or Green Belt preferred.
* Experience with operating a SEM a plus.
At TE, we believe in unleashing people s potential. We have Employee Resource Groups (Women In Networking, ALIGN LGBTQ, Young Professionals, etc.) to support and promote a diverse workplace and a culture of inclusion for the development of different perspectives, styles and ideas. By doing this, we are consistently recognized by Thomson Reuters as one of the Top 100 Innovators as well as deemed one of the world s most ethical companies by Ethisphere.