Test Engineer 8/9/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY Role: Test Engineer
Candidates MUST be willing/able to work on our(AppTad) W2 if hired for the position
Informatica ETL and MDM testing
* Strong SQL background with ETL(Must), MDM(good to have)
* Informatica experience (good to have)
* Performance testing background(Very nice to have)
* Component System Integration Testing
* Aptitude to understand client requirement and critiquing eye
* Thorough understanding of test principles such as unit, smoke, functional (black box/white box), user acceptance and usability testing
* Ability to understand functional specifications and hands on experience of developing test cases and regression test pack
* Exposure to structured software development and testing life-cycle methodologies, like waterfall, agile, and incremental-iterative
* Good experience in working on different SDLC models.
* Good experience in Master Data Management testing with Informatica MDM (Great to have), Informatica Power Center (Must to have) background.
Note: If not Informatica, strong ETL background will be fine.
* Ability to accurately log defects in Quality Center(Must to have), escalate issues and risks
* Hands on experience in using the testing tools ALM/Quality Center(Must), Selenium (Optional) and JMeter(Very good to have)
* Experience of working in tight deadlines in a mature 'time-boxed' testing environment
* Be able to demonstrate consistent and good judgment of assessing severity of issues
Roles and responsibilities
The ideal candidate should possess:
* Develop test cases and scenarios from FSD
* Execute component and system testing
* Record defects and coordinate with development team for closure
* Generate test data or coordinate with relevant stakeholders for test data
* Support UAT and release into production
* Proactively share knowledge and information with the team
* Report the status to team manager
* Testing certifications (Nice to have)
* Understanding of multi-tiered technology architecture
* Experience as a tester within Supply chain management domain
* Strong SQL with ETL and MDM(nice to have) testing back ground.