Manufacturing Test Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/31/2016
END DATE 3/15/2017
JOB DESCRIPTIONMore information about this job
The Manufacturing Test Engineer will be responsible for new and existing product test development and introduction to Veeco manufacturing and contract manufacturers to ensure alignment to design engineering requirements. The individual will support and be responsible for new project development and implementation while ensuring delivery of optimized methods and documentation. Support current manufacturing test functions by providing technical guidance and timely resolution.
* Develop new project definition and functional requirement
* Create and execute test methods for new product testing
* Identify and provide improvements of test methods for existing products and collaborate with Engineering team to develop methodologies for new products/components
* Participate in new product and Beta testing and provide input / suggestions to Design Engineering
* Develop and maintain Functional Test Logs for outsourced assemblies of existing and new platforms
* Troubleshooting of mechanical, electronic and vacuum components
* Perform testing of systems and subsystems to product specifications
* Analyze and resolve technical problems
* Perform Test Data Analysis
* Drive Root Cause and Corrective Action to resolve observed variation
* Provide Global Training to Technicians and Engineers for New Product Designs both within the organization and contract manufacturers
* Create and maintain System Acceptance Test Logs
* Support manufacturing and contract manufacturer for existing and new product introduction
* Work within a Global Multi Site Team to maintain continuity of methodologies
* Evaluate ECN s, BOM changes for impact to Final Test, contract manufacturer and supporting documentation
* Provide management with regular project updates and status reports formally and informally
* Ability to travel to one or all of Veeco's New York sites for the first few months for training is required, with periodic travel to Plainview New York through March of 2017
BS in Electrical Engineering or related technical area and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience is required; or an MS and 3 years of relevant experience; or a PhD; or an equivalent combination of training and experience may be considered.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
* Engineering experience within Capital Equipment manufacturing preferred
* Vacuum (UHV) experience required
* Experience with SolidWorks CAD drawing (preferred)
* Experience in an engineering role working with electronics and mechanical devices
* Ability to identify and resolve electrical and electro/mechanical problems
* Able to effectively communicate, written and orally
* Excellent interpersonal skills and cross-functional team experience
* Experience with SAP (preferred)
* Ability to read and interpret technical documents
* Willingness to travel both domestic and international 10% to 20% per year after initial training period
Veeco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.