Test Equipment Project Engineer - Mechanical - Aerospace Actuators and Flight Control Systems
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/12/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Aerospace / Defense Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB #: 66613-TJ
KEY WORDS: Test, project engineer, Mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic
JOB DESCRIPTION: This opportunity provides a challenging and rewarding experience working with cutting edge, high precision technology. As the Test Equipment Project Engineer, you will be in charge of the analysis, conceptual design, development, and testing of complex control test equipment and be experienced in both project engineering duties like scheduling, planning, and forecasting project activities as well possess a technical background in testing and designing. My client is the worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems. This role is a new addition as a result of an expanding team in order to cover a significant increase in business. The position reports to the Group Engineering Test Manager. Our client takes pride in strong tenure and continues to grow on a global scale.
* Operate either independently or as part of a design/development team, which includes other Department engineers
* Be concerned with system or component performance and integration, both being achieved within budget and prescribed schedules
* Coordinate the work of drafters, technicians, designers, analysts, manufacturing engineers and others who assist in specific assignments
* Communicate with the involved Division support personnel, keeping them informed of progress and educating them on the operation and performance of the design
* Possibly provide direct supervision of up to four subordinate engineers and/or project or product-engineeringtechnicians. This would include setting their workload and priorities, counseling and conducting performance appraisals.
* $85,000 to $130,000
* Relocation Assistance
* Comprehensive health programs
* Retirement plans
* Recreational activities
* Many locations offer assistance with tuition for advanced degrees
Job Requirements: 5 + years of experience with design, analysis, and development of complex electro-hydraulic, electro-mechanical, or electro-pneumatic servo-mechanisms for mechanical and hydraulic test rigs
* A proven record of successful development programs working as a part of a project team
* Experience in the areas of Requirements Definition, Integration, V&V, modeling & simulation with project management.
* Since this individual will often be seen by customers as the responsible technical representative of the company, you must be able to communicate fluently to a wide variety of audiences
* Travel frequently to organize and make presentations to customers.
* Bachelor of Science's degree in Mechanical Engineering, probably an advanced degree