Test Lab Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/16/2016
END DATE 11/17/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEST LAB ENGINEER
TEST LAB ENGINEER
Full Time - Direct
MORE INFORMATION ABOUT THIS JOB :
Assist with the operational activities of the Company s Test Laboratory as directed by the Test Lab Manager for seat prototyping and testing; specify, operate and maintain machinery, tooling and test equipment; perform the build of test articles, set ups, equipment; accomplish testing; collect, analyze, and report test data.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Identify, specify, design, and build machinery, test equipment, software, and specialized tooling necessary to meet prototyping and testing schedules.
* Generate dynamic, durability, static, and flammability test plans.
* Assist prototyping activities through designing parts for functionality and manufacturability.
* Arrange for the calibration of all transducers, test dummies, and related measuring equipment used in testing.
* Create detailed floor plans and layouts of Test Lab and support facilities upgrade projects.
* Adhere to schedules, capacity plans, and cost estimates and utilize equipment to meet program prototyping and testing schedules.
* Perform the build-up of test articles and set ups in conformity with test plan requirements.
* Accomplish all testing and data acquisition, analysis, and reporting of resulting test data in accordance with approved test plans.
* Operate within key performance indicators and metrics to help foster a performance driven culture. Minimize downtime, overtime and establish ownership and responsibility for work content and accountability for performance.
* Implement and sustain Lean activities.
* Adhere to Lab policy, procedures, goals, guidelines, and standards to maximize operational performance.
* Maintain the physical appearance of the Test Lab and enforce safety, environmental compliance and housekeeping practices.
* Carry out preventive maintenance of all machinery and equipment.
* Review all regulatory requirements applicable to each operation and perform duties within the regulatory requirements.
* Associates Degree in technical field or an equivalent level of experience.
* Three (3) years experience in operations, engineering, or quality.
* Must possess working knowledge of quality systems, engineering requirements and testing standards.
* Must demonstrate strong computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office programs.
* Must be extremely hands-on, practical, mechanically inclined and comfortable on the shop floor.
* Must be analytical and a good problem solver, and be an efficient planner, time manager and organizer.
* Must be an effective communicator. Must be team-oriented and be able to work effectively at all levels inside and outside the organization.
* Must be resourceful, self-starting, highly motivated, capable of operating effectively with minimal resources and direction, and be able to excel under pressure.
* Must be able to travel both domestically and internationally (less than 10% of time).
* 10. Must and be able to read, write, speak and understand the English language.
* Bachelor s degree from four year college or university in engineering or related scientific field.
* Possess equipment knowledge pertaining to crash dynamic sled systems, hydraulic and pneumatic actuation, electronic controls, precision measuring, and data acquisition systems.
* Possess knowledge of general laboratory practices and procedures, and be familiar with testing methods for component qualification, seating or restraint systems.
* Experience with aircraft passenger seat dynamic testing and deceleration type sleds.
* Aircraft interiors experience involving interior material flammability testing requirements, FAA regulations and certification processes.