This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/11/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONAGIA is seeking a Test Lead to join the Information Solutions team. The Test Lead is responsible for leading the testing process for products and services provided by and to AGIA, maintenance of our test assets, prioritization of work and implementation of efficient testing processes to provide quality assurance for all software development efforts.
* Develop and implement a testing framework for AGIA.
* Implement and reinforce software development and testing best practices.
* Define testing procedures aligned with best practices.
* Serve as SDLC and quality assurance testing subject matter expert and mentor when needed.
* Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement a Change Management process based on industry standards such as ITIL and CMMI.
* Collaborate with Analysts and Programmers to review artifacts associated with development to identify and eliminate defects in requirements and specifications.
* Collaborate with Analysts and Programmers to facilitate implementation and deployment of products and services.
* Design and develop test assets (test plans, scenarios and cases) based on requirements.
* Manage test data and validate environment and data readiness for test execution.
* Manage testing procedures with internal and contractor testing resources.
* Plan and manage testing projects of varying complexity for various departments within AGIA with minimal guidance and supervision.
* Assess and recommend appropriate technologies, solution designs and vendor selections to enhance AGIA's testing capabilities. Perform a Proof of Concept on selected testing products. Manage external relationships
* Provide time and level of effort estimates when requested.
* Produce comprehensive Test Metrics , Defect Reporting, and Dashboards utilizing Best Practices
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or equivalent experience
* Minimum five years leading, planning, and executing software testing projects and resources
* Knowledge of industry standards for best practices in software development and software testing
* Experience developing metrics, defect reports and dashboards for all levels of the organization
* Knowledge of full software development lifecycle (SDLC) with focus on business and technical requirements and testing in a team environment
* Knowledge and experience in identifying and implementing testing tools
* Project management tools and processes
* Analytical ability, superior verbal and written communications skills and time management
* Insurance industry knowledge desirable
ABOUT AGIA: AGIA has been in business for over 50 years creating, marketing and administering insurance programs to help our clients grow. AGIA is a market leader in creating, marketing and administering custom tailored insurance programs and services for associations, labor organizations and financial institutions. We are the largest privately-held third party broker, marketer, and administrator in the affinity marketplace.
PERKS AND BENEFITS: AGIA offers a very generous and comprehensive benefit package, including medical, dental and vision insurance for employees, 10 paid holidays, vacation and sick time, a 401(K) with company match, flexible spending account plan, training opportunities and an education reimbursement program, charitable giving program, voluntary long-term care insurance, voluntary pet insurance, and adoption assistance benefits.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION: This position resides in our headquarters located in Carpinteria, CA. We're a short walk to the beach and downtown Carpinteria, home to a variety of unique restaurants and shops.