Test Manger / Architect
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/16/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONTEST ARCHITECT
LOCATION: Richmond, VA
DURATION: 12+ Months with possible Extension
Develops testing strategy and master test plan to support testing objectives.
MAJOR JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to: Manages the strategic and tactical testing relationship with program stakeholders (IT and business. Develops the overall testing strategy and master test plan for the program; sets the direction and tone for quality delivery. Own/drive/coordinate testing across multiple testing phases, including SIT, UAT, and End-to-End. Provides requirements and guidance for all test data and test environment needs Leads and coordinates all testing within the program. Ensures that test automation is considered and utilized were appropriate. Collects testing metrics, s status to program and Quality Assurance Leadership. Provides leadership and consultation to program and application development groups for all testing related matters. May participate in the transition of software and systems into production. Accountable for Test Data Management, collection of requirements, evaluation of available data in repositories, ID gaps, align Configuration Management and Release Management on data needs and own test data provisioning tasks.
Requires Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; minimum of 10years of testing and product quality experience; or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background. Demonstrated ability to manage testing efforts at an enterprise level. Quality Certification, such as CSTE, CSQA, CMST, CSQE required, PMP preferred.
THE APPROPRIATE SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE FOR THE TEST ARCHITECT ROLE INCLUDE:
* General knowledge of all aspects of the software development lifecycle process
* Experience in a wide variety of testing efforts, techniques and tools
* People skills, especially diplomacy and advocacy skills
* Planning and management skills
* Knowledge of the domain, system or application-under-test (highly desirable)
THIS ROLE IS PRIMARILY RESPONSIBLE FOR:
* Negotiating the ongoing purpose and deliverables of the test effort
* Ensuring the appropriate planning and management of the test resources
* Ensuring all Test Levels and Cycles are assessed, planned and executed in accordance to the SDLC Test Standards.
* Assessing the progress and effectiveness of the test effort
* Coordinating the efforts of multiple Test Leads
* Working with the leads from other SDLC areas to assure sign off and coordination of test execution activities
* Managing, documenting and escalating Testing risks and issues as applicable; acting as an escalation point for Testing risks and issues
* Coordinating, providing guidance and consolidating requirements on test environment needs
* Coordinating, providing guidance and consolidating requirements on test data needs
* Coordinating and providing guidance on testing activities across multiple platforms / systems / releases when necessary for testing effort
* Advocating the appropriate level of quality by the resolution of important defects
* Advocating an appropriate level of testability focus in the software development process including requirements and design
* Ensure traceability of requirements to test plans/cases
* Ensure Testing resources receive adequate walkthroughs/reviews of requirements and design
* Identify strategy for the use of RQM and CQ (for defect management).
* Understand the strategy for ReqPro, ensuring integration can occur with RQM and CQ (for defect management)