Test Operator II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
TEST OPERATOR II with our Manufacturing Production Team on 4th shift (Friday-Sunday 6 a.m. - 6 p.m.)
At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
* Innovative Design Engineering Services
* Optimized Global Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions
* World-Class Manufacturing and After-Market Support
Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
The Test Operator II performs ICT and functional Go/No Go testing on systems assemblies, subassemblies, printed circuit boards and products utilizing test equipment and a variety of test instruments and procedures.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Set up test equipment; Understand the test and assembly processes for each type of board or systems/subassembly tested
* Operate test equipment requiring basic computer skills and the knowledge of test programs so that proper identification and interpretation of failure parameters can be recorded and entered into the Quality Management System (PFS)
* Identify component types and read component values or integrated circuits (ICS), resistors, capacitors, etc.
* Identify, by sight or with appropriate devices, workmanship and material defects and affix appropriate marking or defect tags in accordance with Quality Assurance procedures
* Follow step-by-step procedure while performing various duties such as frequency and/or voltage adjustment and observe meter reading to determine whether the item being tested meets minimum requirements specified in test procedure or test program
* May maintain records of unit tested, accepted or rejected, utilizing statistical process control charts
* Apply basic to intermediate knowledge of applicable specification and normal product standards to the performance of individual electrical test
* All employees are responsible for the Quality of their work to ensure BEI meets, or exceeds Customer Satisfaction.
Level II * Perform all the essential functions and competencies listed above
* Independently configure and operate test equipment and interpret basic test results; learn to relate the results to the specific PCB area to inspect for manufacturing defects
* Make verbal or written reports on test finding for the purpose of improving test procedures or test equipment
* If working with printed circuit boards, perform troubleshooting activities up to PCA level following techniques and procedures as defined by test engineering
* Assist in the mentoring and developing of other testers when needed
* Assist engineers and test technicians as requested and under their guidance
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Ability to use hand tools and general test equipment (multi-meters, oscilloscope, power supplies, etc.) if working with electronic components
* Demonstrate basic knowledge operating DMMs to verify possible opens, short, resistance and diode check in working with electronic components
* Ability to read and understand schematics, drawings, assembly prints, procedures, specifications and other documentation describing electronic assemblies if working with components
* Comply with BEI quality assurance policies and methodologies; understand and use IPC quality and workmanship standards; develop a strong quality orientation
* Accepting of opportunities to train on new equipment and to cross-train into other site operations, as needed
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
* Effective organization and prioritization skills
* Demonstrate high attention to detail
* Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
* Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
* Ability to work overtime when needed
* Ability to work with diverse groups
* Participate in a continuous improvement activity
* Ability to read, write and perform basic math
2+ years of advanced electronic test (i.e. FCT/HASS)
High School Diploma or GED
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment