Test Software Developer - 1779
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/10/2016
END DATE 6/15/2017
Millennium Engineering and Integration Company
JOB DESCRIPTIONTest Software Engineer with extensive experience developing automated testing for aerospace applications in support of customer at the Jet Propulsion Laboratory.
Must have a demonstrated ability to work independently and support test plan, test procedure, execution and test report development. Must be experienced C coder and demonstrated experience in SBC PPC-based architecture
* Hardware/software and system level integration and test, including resolution of technical issues.
* Develop, test and execute plans that will meet the requirements of the validation effort.
* Develop test software and hardware under the direction of senior engineers.
* Document products within design documents and user manuals.
* Execute performance and regression testing using simulation and/or test equipment.
* Deploy test sets for other customer (internal/external to JPL) uses.
Specific qualifications include:
* Experience with UNIX or Linux operating systems.
* Experience in Tcl and or Perl scripting language.
* Experience and/or understanding of digital electronics, digital data busses and protocols, and systems implemented with digital electronics.
* Experience and/or understanding of hardware/software interfaces.
* Experience developing/writing test procedures and testing of digital functions.
* Experience with standard lab test equipment, such as power supplies, oscilloscopes and DMMs.
* Experience with ground support equipment used for test of electronic assemblies.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
* Strong interpersonal skills with demonstrated effectiveness in a team environment.
* Ability to work independently under a set schedule.
Preferred qualifications include:
* Knowledge of one or more high-level general-purpose programming languages, such as C/C++, Java, Python, or similar language.
* Knowledge of and/or experience with real-time operating systems.
* Familiarity with model based systems engineering (MBSE) tools and techniques.
* Ability to capture customer requirements.
* Basic understanding of system engineering and development process.
* Strong interest infusing new approaches to verification and test development into legacy developments
Minimum Education: BS in electrical engineering, computer science, physics
Experience: 15 years of related experience in aerospace demonstrated leadership testing avionics and other electrical/electronic components.
Clearance: Secret desired but not required.
Millennium offers a comprehensive benefits package. Millennium is An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Millennium does not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law including race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, citizenship status, or Vietnam era or special disabled veteran's status in recruitment, employment, promotion, compensation, benefits, or training. It is also Millennium's policy to maintain a work environment free from discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation.
Millennium participates in the E-Verify program.