Test Systems Engineer
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/8/2016
END DATE 10/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHill-Rom is a $2.6B leading worldwide manufacturer and provider of medical technologies and related services for the health care industry, including patient support systems, safe mobility and handling solutions, non-invasive therapeutic products for a variety of acute and chronic medical conditions, medical equipment rentals, surgical products and information technology solutions. Hill-Rom's comprehensive product and service offerings are used by health care providers across the health care continuum and around the world in hospitals, extended care facilities and home care settings to enhance the safety and quality of patient care.Description Design, implement, and support Quality Assurance Test Systems to ensure continuous production of products that are consistent with established standards in a Global Capacity.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES - Other duties may be assigned:
* Design, develop, and upgrade automatic electronic test equipment for new products, engineering changes, and productivity improvements.
* Develop documentation for test systems as needed including test system requirement specification, software requirement specifications, schematics, block diagrams, theory of operation, trouble shooting flow charts, and operator job instruction sheets.
* Provide training to ensure proper implementation and use of test systems.
* Participate in new product development activities and ensure all test systems meet all regulatory requirements.
* Work closely with PCB supplier(s) to architect and implement board level, functional test appropriate for electronics platform.
* Work closely with manufacturing and suppliers to architect and implement appropriate module level tests.
* Work closely with final assembly manufacturing sites, globally, to architect and implement test systems and processes for product platforms.
* Resources related to Electronics Platform development and deployment across the enterprise.
* Responsible for timely and accurate planning, scheduling, costing, and accounting of resources.
* Responsible for socializing work plans and driving consensus across the core team and key stake holders.
* Responsible for the development of the global functional test strategy
* 8 - 20 years experience in designing automated test equipment
* Experience with C, C++, or equivalent programming language
* Experience with National Instruments CVI, Lab View, and Test Stand software language
* Working knowledge of IEE488, RS232 and CAN, USB communication protocols
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
* BS Degree in electrical engineering. Master's Degree preferred.
* Experience with National Instruments CVI, Lab View, or Test Stand software language
* Deep knowledge/understanding of what constitutes best-in-class for production test engineering
* 3 years of test engineering of microprocessor controlled products developed around Controller Area Network (CAN) Architecture
* 2 or more years of test engineering of Class II, or higher, Medical Devices (or similarly regulated products)
* 2 or more years of test engineering of DC Motor or Electro-hydraulic machinery
* 3 or more years of project management of complex test engineering work
* Excellent technical problem solving skills
* Excellent communication skills in English
* Excellent time and project management skills
* Proven track record of reducing operational costs
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Veterans/Disabled Persons
img height=1 width=1 border=0 src=http://hillrom.contacthr.com/50588363.jpg