Test Technician - Archdale, NC
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/9/2016
END DATE 11/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONHubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2015 revenues of $3.4 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
The Electronics Test Technician is responsible for performing electrical tests and inspections of electrical components, circuit board assemblies, and complete electromechanical control assemblies. This includes: ensuring that the item being evaluated meets performance and workmanship standards; data collection and reporting of results; rejection of nonconforming material; clearly communicating product and process quality issues in a timely manner to Manufacturing, Engineering and Quality personnel; and recommending ideas for quality improvements (defect reduction).
Work To Be Performed
1. Perform electrical and mechanical tests on components, circuit board assemblies, and complete controller assemblies.
2. Evaluate electromechanical control assemblies to determine the appropriate tests required to validate full functionality.
3. Work safely with DC supply voltages up to 500 volts and AC supply voltages up to 6,600 volts.
4. Troubleshoot complex electrical systems.
5. Troubleshoot complex electrical circuits to component level.
6. Perform component level repairs on through-hole and surface mount circuit boards.
7. Inspect components, circuit board assemblies, and complete controller assemblies for defects and workmanship. Perform
final inspection of units in the test process and perform quality audit inspections of completed units.
8. Perform field service repairs and equipment start up.
9. Perform technical support via telephone, fax, email, and instant messaging.
10. Participate in new product research and development including functional analysis and reliability testing.
11. Design and construct new test equipment.
12. Document and relay any discrepancies to the appropriate personnel.
13. Report inspection findings to a data collection system or as directed.
14. Ensure inspection status of product is clearly identified.
15. Identify non-conforming material for rework and provide rework instructions.
16. Perform confirmation of test step in SAP manufacturing system.
17. Maintain status of jobs in department tracking system with expected completion dates and communicate issues when the
schedule will not be met.
18. Prioritize work by due dates and manage work backlog.
19. Make recommendations on testing, inspection, product and productivity, and participate in Continuous
Improvement/Kaizen activities as assigned.
20. Perform general housekeeping duties to keep work area clean and provide a safe working environment at all times.
21. Support plant-wide Safety initiatives.
22. Additional duties as assigned.
Experience: - Associates degree in Electronics or equivalent required
- Minimum of three (3) years experience in electronics test in manufacturing or field service environment
- Customer interface experience desired
- Manufacturing experience desired
Skills: - Self-motivated and energetic
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Good mechanical skills for repairing and adjusting electromechanical devices
- Able to read/interpret schematics and mechanical drawings
- Able to apply math skills to solve formulas in relation to electrical circuits
- Able to read and follow detailed, written instructions
- Able to read and understand regulatory agency documents including NFPA 20, NFPA 25, and NFPA 70
- Excellent organizational/prioritization skills and ability to work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in computer operation (Excel, Word, etc.)
- SAP experience desired
- Attentive to details and accuracy
- Good time management skills
- Bilingual strongly preferred (Spanish)
- Able to stand/walk 10-90% of work day
- Occasional bending and squatting required
- Occasional lifting required (up to 40 lbs)
- Able to work on overhead crane catwalks greater than 20 feet above ground level
- Able to work in underground mining environment
- Able to be on call nights and weekends for customer phone support up to25% of the time
- Able to travel, including possible international travel, up to 25% of work time (travel may include