Test Technician II
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 11/8/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB SUMMARY
TEST TECHNICIAN I with our Manufacturing Test Engineering Team
At Benchmark (NYSE: BHE), our mission is to be the solutions provider of choice for high technology OEM customers, anticipating their needs and rapidly delivering comprehensive value-creation solutions during the entire product life cycle by providing:
* Innovative Design Engineering Services
* Optimized Global Supply Chain & Logistics Solutions
* World-Class Manufacturing and After-Market Support
Our mission is based on a foundation of financial strength, managerial integrity and a culture of operational excellence and continuous improvement. As a top 10 global leader in the electronics manufacturing industry, we attribute our success to the success of our customers.
For more information, please visit www.bench.com
The Test Technician provides support and debug for test processes in manufacturing.
Location: Rochester, MN
THIS IS A 4TH SHIFT POSITION FRIDAY THROUGH SUNDAY 5:30 A.M. TO 6:00 P.M. WITH SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND COMPETENCIES
* Perform debug and test assemblies to component level, as able, utilizing block diagrams and schematics
* Perform tester maintenance and upkeep
* Aid operator in troubleshooting problems, as able
* Provide training and ongoing support to the Test operators
* Communicate problems to proper senior Test Technician, Test Engineer and/or leader
* Develop skills and knowledge with test platform(s)
* Comply with quality assurance policies and methodologies; develop and strong quality orientation
* Maintain a clean and safe work environment and follow all published/posted safety standards (daily use of ESD and safety protective devices: eye protection, smock, and foot straps)
QUALIFICATIONS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
* Ability to become proficient in debug techniques on electronic assemblies/subassemblies in a manufacturing environment involving Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs)
* Demonstrate basic analytical skills
* Basic understanding of Test Measurement and Debug Techniques
* Excellent written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
* Effective interpersonal skills
* Effective multitasking skills and the ability to take on additional responsibilities as required
* Effective organization and prioritization skills
* Demonstrate high attention to detail
* Demonstrate discretion, confidentiality and professionalism when representing the company
* Ability to work with diverse groups
* Ability to support a 24/7 global business operation as required
* Ability to work overtime when needed
* Participate in a continuous improvement activity
* Demonstrate the ability to use volt meter, power supply and oscilloscope
This is a 2nd shift opening. Hours are 4 pm to 2 am, Monday through Thursday.
Level I: 0-3+ years in electronic diagnosis experience
2 year technical degree
Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of Benchmark Electronics, Inc. to base all employment-related decisions on principles of equal employment opportunity.
It is Our Policy to
Recruit, hire, promote, assign, compensate and train highly qualified persons without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Administer all personnel actions such as compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, discipline, termination, Company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programs without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, or any other basis protected by applicable law
Provide reasonable accommodation where necessary and feasible, and otherwise treat equally, qualified individuals with disabilities
Provide a workplace free of prohibited harassment, including sexual harassment