This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 8/10/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
Round Rock, TX
JOB DESCRIPTIONPOSITION: TEST TECHNICIAN
LOCATION: ROUND ROCK, TX
DURATION: 12 MONTHS
PN: We are not in a situation where Corp to Corp agreement can be done for this position
* Support development of new technology network adapters through development activities such as debug, test creation and test execution. Includes setting up systems and networks to run complex customer scenarios.
* At least 2 years of relevant technical support experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Troubleshooting, problem solving, multi-tasking, and organization skills
* Experience with networking product interoperability testing and performance testing Other "nice to have "
* Hands-on experience testing, developing, or administering current Dell server products (Rack, Tower, Modular)
* Experience with Dell systems management interfaces (System Setup/HII, Lifecycle Controller, iDRAC, Dell HII x-UEFI mapping language)
* Experience configuring Ethernet switches via CLI, especially Dell PowerConnect and Dell Force10 - Basics of network protocols: Ethernet, IPv4, IPv6, TCP, UDP, DHCP, Capturing/reading network traces
* Familiarity with configuring and troubleshooting network boot (PXE, iSCSI boot)
* Some exposure to network interface virtualization (NPar, SR-IOV)
* Knowledge of PCIe signaling and transactions along with the ability to collect and review PCIe traces preferred
* Experience with Ethernet products
* Knowledge of Windows, RedHat/SuSE Linux and Virtualized Operating System
* Candidate preferred to have at least 1 valid of the following certification: LPI , (Linux Professional Institute ,), RHCT (Red Hat Certified Technician)