Test Vehicle Operator (CRTC Seasonal) 8/17/2016
TRAX Test Services
Delta Junction, AK
JOB DESCRIPTIONAPPLY JOB DESCRIPTION
Test Vehicle Operators (TVO) operate a variety of wheeled and/or tracked military designed vehicles on various test courses located on Fort Greely, AK. TVOs will install and secure payload in test vehicles as required for testing. TVOs will read, understand and follow technical manual (TM) procedures and perform all crew level preventative maintenance checks and services as described in the TM. The TVO will follow and adhere to the supervisor's and test director's instructions. The TVO will assist the test director with test support equipment set-up and tear-down. The TVO will accurately record test incident data, observations and maintenance actions in the Test Vehicle Daily Operations Log and report this information to Data Acquisition personnel as it occurs. The TVO will use basic mathematics to maintain test mileage summaries. The TVO will work first, second and third shifts as necessary to meet specific test needs. Other duties as assigned.
****This seasonal position is located in Delta Junction, Alaska****
Pay Rate: $19.85/hr
Shifts/Hours: Vary by mission requirement.
* Must be a U.S. Citizen.
* Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
* Must possess a valid driver's license, without restrictions.
* Must possess and maintain a Class A or B Commercial Driver s License (CDL).
* Must have a minimum of 6 months experience with heavy trucks, heavy equipment, farm machinery and/or tactical military vehicles.
* Must be able to pass a basic written skills test.
* Must have a good command of the English language, and the ability to write well.
* Must have a clean driving record.
* Must be able to obtain a secret security clearance prior to hire and maintain it through employment with TRAX.
* Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening and physical.
* Must be capable of working in outdoor weather conditions for extended periods of time in extreme cold and adverse conditions.
* Must be able to lift 60 lbs unassisted.
* Must be capable of climbing up and into large vehicles up to 8-10 feet high.
* A minimum of two years of previous hands on experience in military or civilian automotive testing.
* Tank Vehicle and Hazardous Materials endorsements to CDL.
* Prior active duty or reserve military experience operating tracked and/or wheeled military designed vehicles.
* Interim or Secret Clearance.
* Cold weather, icy road, cross country vehicle operations experience.
Closing Date: Open Until Filled
OTHER JOB INFORMATION (IF APPLICABLE)
*TRAX International, Test Services Division, participates in E-Verify.
*TRAX Test Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability.
*TRAX Test Services promotes a drug/alcohol free work environment through the use of mandatory pre-employment drug testing and on-going random drug testing, as per applicable State Laws.
*Must be able to obtain a security clearance prior to employment and maintain security clearance for the duration of employment.TRAX Test Services also encompasses four subcontracts to include: Vets, Westech, Spiral and Miratek. All positions with TRAX can always be transferred to one of the four subcontracts.