Themed Entertainment/Exhibits Project Manager
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/14/2016
END DATE 12/30/2016
Global Experience Specialists, Inc.
GES, Global Experience Specialists, is a global event marketing company with over 75 years experience and 3,500 passionate employees in North America, Europe and the Middle East. We connect people through exhibitions and live events by blending art and science to create exciting, compelling face-to-face marketing experiences. GES offers flawless execution and superior experiential marketing services that excite and engage.
We are searching for an Exhibit and Events Project Manager to lead our team in the design and production of permanent museum exhibits, temporary exhibits, and touring events for the GES Branded Entertainment group.
* Managing and implementing the Project's overall creative and production effort, overseeing all aspects of the Project. Must adhere to set budget and schedule parameters while delivering a high-quality experience and maintaining a high level of customer and client satisfaction. Main point of contact with Project client. This includes clearly communicating the Project schedule, important deadlines, approval process, progress reports, payment schedule, final deliverables, etc.
* Being familiar with all aspects of assigned project s Scope of Work
* Creating and issuing a Project Weekly Status Report (creative, schedule and budget) and holding weekly team meetings
* Governing regular Project Reviews, including the preparation of presentation materials & clear communication of changes
* Co-managing technical aspects (lighting, audio, and video) with Technical Manager
* Vetting, selecting, contracting and managing all vendors required for the Project to ensure that their scope of work is defined and completed
* Performing Project tasks as may be assigned by manager
* Responding to incoming Requests for Proposals (RFPs). This includes but is not limited to pulling company information, compiling case studies, putting together preliminary budgets, sample schedules, participating in creative brainstorming, communicating with prospective client on deadlines and deliverables, and presenting proposal to client.
* Assisting in creating the Project Performa for all new Projects
* Working with the Finance Department to close out the Project, ensuring that all costs have been allocated and final bill is accurate and submitted to client on time; Receiving and closing out all POs
* Occasionally working after hours or on weekends, as event dictates
* Occasionally traveling, both locally and domestically, as required for projects and proposals
* High school diploma is required; Bachelor s degree or equivalent work experience is required
* 5-year minimum experience working in theater, construction management and/or themed entertainment attractions design and production industries is required
* Must excel in a fast-past environment
* Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, including MS Project, Excel and Power Point
* Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and muti-tasking skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
Travel is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including vets and disability
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our workforce. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We are a drug-free workplace, and where allowed by law, conditions offers of employment on satisfactory completion of a drug screen and passing of a background check.
If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or unable to access or use this application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact email@example.com for assistance.