Thought Leader Liaison- Northwest
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/1/2016
END DATE 10/15/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONEMD Serono is a leading US biopharmaceutical company exclusively focused on specialty care for more than 40 years. The US healthcare business of Merck KGaA, Darmstadt, Germany, integrates cutting-edge science, innovative products and devices, as well as industry-leading patient support and access programs. EMD Serono s commercial business has a deep expertise in neurology, fertility and endocrinology, and a strong pipeline of potential therapies in oncology, immuno-oncology and immunology.
Purpose of the Role
The Thought Leader Liaison (TLL), Northwest directly engages Key Opinion and Business Leaders at Fertility ART, academic/hospital institutions and strategic pharmacy partners nationally. The TLL is a product and company knowledge expert who develops business strategies to continue to build EMD Serono s reputation and credibility in the Fertility space. This role is responsible for building and executing long term account plans, improving customer satisfaction, developing Key Opinion Leader (KOL) relationships, and serving as the Fertility Product and Services expert in delivering superior customer service to ART Centers nationally. The TLL will:
* Lead cross-functional, field based teams to execute the defined Fertility strategy.
* Build advocacy by utilizing on label, Legal and Regulatory approved materials in an appropriate fashion.
* Act as disease state and product expert by enabling the understanding of the disease and treatment of the disease to help drive KOL Product Adoption and loyalty.
* Facilitate HQ Leadership visits and presentations to thought leaders.
* Strengthen current relationships.
* Expand and build new relationships with emerging thought leaders.
* Serve as a primary liaison between customers and the company by identifying customer needs and developing and successfully executing on a plan to address those needs.
* Act as the interface between the customer and Sales, Marketing and Managed Markets to efficiently address account needs thereby enhancing HQ connectivity.
* Appropriately coordinate and communicate with Medical personnel to address overall account needs per EMD Serono Medical / Commercial guidelines.
* Provide solutions and create long-term alliances between EMD Serono, Pharmacy Alliance Partners and our Customers.
* Develop speakers in conjunction with Marketing.
* Plan and attend external discussions with KOLs including Advisory Boards, Industry Conferences and one on one day or evening meetings.
* Plan and facilitate approved Journal Clubs to expand disease state education amongst HCPs.
* Plan (including including identifying attendees) and attend Consultancy meetings liaise with key Fertility associations (Resolve, ASRM, AFA, etc) in order to foster and strengthen those relationships on a local level.
Internal within EMD Serono
Endocrinology/Fertility team including: all levels of Management, Sales (KAMs, ABDs, SBDs, Marketing, Managed Markets, TA Controller, Sales Training, all functions of MSLL, Human Resources, Finance, Business Intelligence & Analytics, Legal , Compliance,. Medical Affairs (Medical Science Liaisons, Medical Directors, Medical Communications), Communications, IT, New Product Planning, Global Commercial and Medical personnel.
External to EMD Serono
Key Opinion Leaders and other key healthcare professionals in their practices, Pharmacy Alliance partners, Advocacy Organizations, Worldwide Peak / iMeetings, Customers, Agencies, Vendors, Consultants and Contractors, , Advocacy Groups (e.g. Resolve), Trade Groups, Fertility Professional Associations (e.g. ASRM, PCRS, etc.)
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
* Use market, reimbursement, formulary, managed care, customer and distribution knowledge to strengthen current loyalist positions and expand new loyalists.
* Continuously monitor all monthly data reports in order to determine success of plan and revise as needed
* Develop cross functional (Sales, Marketing, Medical, Home Office) business plans that drive ART Center loyalty , KOL Product adoption, Activity Analysis, TLL visits, TLL and Therapeutic Area (TA) Leadership visits and HQ presentations Understand and drive the TA strategic business focus for the future.
* Manage and optimize territory budget
* Develop and maintain strong working relationships with the Fertility medical community including ART Centers and related physicians with a scientific approach focused on identifying needs and providing solutions.
* Cultivate Key Opinion and Business Leaders and product advocates in the Academic and Fertility Community as evidence by the increased number of brand loyalists
* Use knowledge of reimbursement process and managed health care systems both internally and externally to enable understanding of the process to drive KOL adoption and remove financial barriers for the patient.
* Participate as a lead team member in appropriate Managed Markets initiatives that allow for greater access
* Develop and maintain a synergistic and strategic approach and a lead role with EMD Serono peers and teammates, including Marketing, Sales, Managed Markets, MSLL, and the Medical Affairs Team to drive company and product loyalty. Seek out, establish and maintain an excellent level of communication and strong relationships with regional and Home Office Endocrinology management. Use data, information and themes to make decisions and develop strategy to increase customer satisfaction and retention,
* Play a key role in planning and executing meeting functions and lead presentations and discussions
* Foster and cultivate the highest level of home office and regional relationships interaction to determine and communicate additional market opportunities, as well as create and participate in programs necessary to effectively seize these opportunities (i.e., focus groups, field tests, etc).
* Attend and play role at all appropriate professional congresses such as ASRM, PCRS, as directed and as necessary.
* Play a lead role in the planning and execution of all product and device launches
Candidate s Profile
* Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree in business or science preferred.
* English required, other language skills may be considered a plus.
Professional Skills and Experience
* Minimum 7 or more years field sales, product marketing, or medical / clinical experience in the pharmaceutical/healthcare industry Experience in the Fertility and specialty biologics markets highly desirable.
* Experience in institutional sales and/or large account selling a plus.
* Experience launching product(s), service(s) a plus.
* Scientific or clinical background a plus.
* Experience with the co-promotion of product (s) or service(s) desired.
* Possess and maintain a high level of product knowledge in order to communicate effectively with all Healthcare Professionals.
* Significant recent U.S. experience managing a brand in a variety of places in the life cycle
* Experience in healthcare professional and patient/consumer marketing a plus
Personal Skills & Competencies
* Strong business and financial skills to manage a budget
* Experience in other EMD Serono Therapeutic Areas (Oncology, GH, HIV, NDD) a plus.
* Experience with a Co-Promote, Joint Venture or leading across companies in the execution of sales and marketing plans a strong plus
* A proven track record in influencing without authority is required
* Knowledge of customer loyalty and/or customer satisfaction measures and their integration into business dimensions of people and process
* Strong knowledge of the reimbursement environment for pharmaceutical products
* Experience in specialty niche markets and