Threat Engineering Architect - Super Secure Database Team
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 10/18/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONPost Date:
Salesforce will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Position Location: This position may be located in Seattle, WA, San Francisco, CA or Herndon, VA.
Are you a security and hacking expert, passionate about security and interested in hardening one of the largest database infrastructures on the planet* Are you excited about driving product quality, security, and reliability through the development of threat models, leverage industry leading IDS and security tools* Do you grock Penetration testing and take it to the next level of "badness"* Have you built an offense* We want to hear from you!
We are building a brand new team to take our world-class security to the next level with enhanced intrusion detection, more flexible access controls, and the tools to provide not just more restrictive, but a smarter, more nuanced infrastructure. You will work on offense strategy and implement them, review technical security posture for existing and new deployments, working with operations teams to close gaps and investigate and lead the team to work on the best defense.Trust is the #1 company value at Salesforce and with that comes the full backing of our executive leadership. You will operate with the flexibility to simulate adversarial threat actors in the interest of catalyzing positive security change through high impact results. You will also interface with the Red Team and have freedom to work on research projects and contribute to the infosec community (conferences, CVE publications, and CTF events)
We are looking for exceptional security engineers that can think through complex problems from many angles and continually challenge the development team through identifying security related flaws and testing the innovative solutions the team creates.
As a Security-focused Engineer on the Secure Database team, you will have a hand in defining the technology that runs salesforce.com. You will join a team of world-class, highly motivated engineers, and database experts to deliver a high-quality software architecture that will help solve the challenges at the scale that our customers trust us to get right the first time.
* Design, implement and operate penetration testing frameworks focused on the database tier and its related components
* Interface with teams leveraging industry leading IDS and augment gaps
* Work with operations, security operations to understand how gaps can be closed and help with forensics analysis
* Keep up with exploits and know how they can impact our database infrastructure and decide on a defense strategy and drive its implementation and interface closely with the Red Team
* Design and drive lock down strategies
* Investigate security production problems, perform root-cause analysis and create detailed, high-quality reports on remediation strategies
* Work closely with software Engineering and Technical Operations to test and deploy infrastructure enhancements as related to security
* Be a quick learner, able to resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation that improves system security and performance.
* BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Electrical Engineering (OR equivalent experience)
* 6+ years of strong information security with expertise in vulnerability management, pen testing and database security
* Strong programming skills ( Java, PL/SQL Python or similar )
* Experience working with databases such as Oracle or Postgres
* Innovator with good ideas, strong problem-solving abilities, and a results from oriented attitude
* Knowledge of Unix environments as about security including Syslog, DNS, and event log analysis
* Prior experience with Graphite or Splunk for log analysis is a plus
* Understanding of modern ways to bypass detection techniques a big plus
* Strong written and verbal communication
Salesforce, the Customer Success Platform and world's #1 CRM, empowers companies to connect with their customers in a whole new way. The company was founded on three disruptive ideas: a new technology model in cloud computing, a pay-as-you-go business model, and a new integrated corporate philanthropy model. These founding principles have taken our company to great heights, including being named one of Forbes's "World's Most Innovative Company" five years in a row and one of Fortune's "100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. We are the fastest growing of the top 10 enterprise software companies, and this level of growth equals incredible opportunities to grow a career at Salesforce. Together, with our whole Ohana (Hawaiian for "family") made up of our employees, customers, partners and communities, we are working to improve the state of the world.
Pentest, db security, database security, oracle security, oracle administration, exploits, 0-Day, zero-day, 0day, ctf, cve, common vulnerabilities and exposures
Salesforce.com is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Salesforce.com does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesforce.com.