Tier - I Technical Support
This job is no longer active.
View similar jobs.
POST DATE 9/2/2016
END DATE 12/19/2016
JOB DESCRIPTIONJOB TITLE
TIER-I TECHNICAL SUPPORT
12 Months +
Plano, TX 75024
The candidate MUST have excellent knowledge and/or hands on experience on networking -- as well as -- outstanding communication skills.
a. Understanding and applying Active Listening
b. Understanding and ability to ask Open-Ended/Close-Ended/Probing Questions
c. Ability to teach complex topics
NETWORKING / TROUBLESHOOTING SKILLS:
* Administering and troubleshooting Widows client/server operating systems (Win 7,8,10, Server 2003, 2008, 2012) by utilizing DOS commands, logs and services.
* Expertise to conduct fault isolation in regards to diagnosing and remediating network connectivity issues.
* Expertise to troubleshoot or describe common networking and application protocols.
* Example: Ability to describe several computer related issues where the candidate had to perform extensive troubleshooting - describing all steps taken from analysis to fault isolation to resolution.
* Ability to dissect application issues at the application layer. Example: Can the candidate diagnose a failing application by means of examining processes and services tied to said application.
* Capability to discuss scenarios where candidate diagnosed a failing application, by examining the process/s and service/s which are tied to the applications functionality.
* McAfee/Intel Security product knowledge is a plus